Hi, my name is meymay93! - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is meymay93!

Comments

• meymay93
    meymay93 Scope Member Posts: 179 Connected
    Care worker 30 year i work 24/7 day center residential care home home care nursing home when I started this job no moving handling regulation you have to lift that is the reasing   i have 4 slip disc i got sciatica now all my body pain numbneess all other sickness but since 2015  i am worse stop working my dougther move out she work full time she came morning give my personal my  meds she cook my meal all control my apt because i am forget full and my mental health get worse because  i got bad child hood us well us all came up now my mum abuse me lot lot problem now i can't handling any more upseting broke heart no light at all
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Dear @meymay - Thank you for talking about the great work you did. When I was a physio student, it was the same.....supposed to have 2 people to help lift a patient up the bed, but often no-one there. This did not help my back. I am sorry this has been the cause of some of your problems too.
    There is hope you know, because you have been so very strong for so long, and have overcome so much. You just need some help and support for your mental health now you are living on your own. We all need support when things become difficult. There is light, even when things go badly wrong. Our youngest daughter died when she was 23 months old. That was 34 years ago, but still hurts every day. There was no support then. Our eldest daughter self-harmed because of her Dad, but has stopped with help and support about a year ago. Our son suffered depression for 2 years trying to work out why his Dad was like he was, but is now OK.
    I think if you reached out to the support that has been mentioned, it will help. I hope you try.
    It is good to talk, which I feel you want to do, to find you a way to cope with all you have gone through. I will be there for you, as will others here who also have great understanding. Please talk here anytime.

• meymay93
    Hi i am so  sorry to hear i am all ways put other people first when i make other people happy i am happy before i get worse i help homeless people because my daughter drive to and hospice but since she move  i can't do much    now i am mentally very down darkness i   can't even do my cup of tea my arm shoulder pain numbness my back badly pain i am on tablet i was bad child child I have step father step brother i can't said what happen to me isee all kind of abuse from  my family now    panic at all time i  don't want to stay my daughter take away danger think and my meds she keep call me how i am if still I am in life she keep said mum call   can go friend but i don't want mix other people crowded if people talk i am upsetting angry 
  • chiarieds
    Dear @meymay93 - Yes, you are a caring person with the great work you have done, and also a caring mum. Now you need to care for yourself, which will help your daughter who must love you so much. You say you don't want to go to a friend for help and I understand that may be difficult to do.
    Would you try ringing the Samaritans instead. It would be good to talk to a person that doesn't know you, just for a chat because you are lonely. You ring 116 123.
    I met a lovely lady when I was last in hospital. She was up all night with me talking to another patient who was in pain and very upset. This lady told me in the morning that she was a Samaritan....such a kind, caring person. You care about others, so if you rang and spoke to a Samaritan you would have that in common. See if you can try.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @meymay93     Sorry to hear what you are struggling please if I can just add your not alone.

Please try to look at any of the links I provided.

Once you get help, support everything becomes clear, you find the right path.

Maybe even new ones. Amazing work that you have done, I think you must be proud of all achievements .

I can also see an angry upset emotional person who does not know where to turn to.

Please can I add your health and mental state this is never your fault, please do not blame yourself.

I was like that contacted the mental health charities.

Got my life sorted.

We as a community do care, have compassion and a heart.

I now it can be hard to talk.   Used the Samaritans great to get some one listen to you.

Hope that helps please if I can help, be a friend happy to be one.

Please take care of your self

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @meymay93 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I am very sorry to hear about what you are currently going through and you are so brave to reach out to us in the Community to tell us how you are feeling.  As you can see you are amongst friends here and are a very valued member of our Community so please don't feel that you are alone as we are here to help and support you.  I hope you manage to look into the links @thespiceman has provided for you or can email @Adrian_Scope who can put you in touch with someone for further support.  Just take your time and please look after yourself.  Sometimes life can seem quite bleak and I can appreciate what a life change it is when you have to give up work, but with help and support you will get there.  Please talk to us anytime as we are always here to listen.  Wishing you all the best.  
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • meymay93
    Hi I am very down because I don't want depended my daughter at all time if I can found care for me 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @meymay93. How are you today? A social care referral may help to get more care and support in place for you. If you're interested in this please get in touch with us at community@scope.org.uk
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • chiarieds
    Hi @meymay93 - Right at the top of this page is a link saying   community@scope.org.uk    If you just click on that you will be able to email Scope as Adrian said in his message above. This is the way to get care for you. Try the link and let us know if that has worked.
  • meymay93
    Hi just been pain clinic today doctor put me long time treatment   for mental health  problem
  • chiarieds
    I am very pleased to hear that the pain clinic doctor is able to help with treatment for your mental health. That is good progress. When you can, try that email link at the top of the page. Thinking about you.

• chiarieds
    Hi @meymay93 - How have you been these past few days?
  • Rooprs
    Rooprs Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Hi @meymay93. I'm new here, but I just wanted to say I get it, and I think others here do too.

I get very down like this with my mobility and pain issues, and seeing professionals helped, but seeing friends helps more. Try and contact them, get them around if you can't get out. 

If you are struggling to walk perhaps look at hiring or buying mobility scooters - they have saved my life! 

Take care of yourself, where you can, and if you need to talk I'll be here. :smile: 
  • meymay93
    Hi my daughter she use to take me out but she started new job can't take me out and I live second floor very difficulty for me
  • thespiceman
    Hello @meymay93    Please can I ask how you today?

Please if you ever contacted any of the links provided you be able to go out have a good time.

Meet people like yourself who are supportive, kind and make friends.

Who are there coping with the same your going through.

Please if you want to make the first step never know what happens the start of a new life and new experiences.

Have the opportunity to move forward and cope with what you have and are dealing .

Now I have and do all the time.  Find the time to support those like yourself after all I was there once. Make the call had the journey of change began, wish you could do the same.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • meymay93
    Hi my daughter starded new job she can't    take much time off my house 2 floor very difficulty came out take 2 hour came out stairs
  • chiarieds
    Hi @meymay93 - Have the past few days been any better for you? Did your daughter email Scope?
  • meymay93
    My   daughter said she stay with me xmas day she will do that time she said
  • thespiceman
    Hello  @meymay93   how are you?   Thank you for sharing. 

Good to know that you are not going to be lonely.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • chiarieds
    Hi @meymay93 - Thank you, it is good to hear from you. It is lovely to know your daughter will be with you on Christmas Day.
    thespiceman & I will be here too. Know you can talk here any time, & we will both be here.

Brightness