Hi, my name is RainbowRiverPond! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is RainbowRiverPond!

RainbowRiverPond
RainbowRiverPond Community member Posts: 19 Courageous
Hello out there - I hope you’re all having a pleasant Monday 

Comments

• Delbasid
    Delbasid Community member Posts: 9 Listener
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @RainbowRiverPond - Welcome to the community. I'm rather enjoying the glimpse of sunshine we have had today; it makes a change.
    Please have a look around at the different discussions here & just join in. Perhaps you might say a little about yourself here too.
  • RainbowRiverPond
    Thanks for the welcome. I’m happy to say we have some sunshine here too.
    So, for a bit more about me: Rainbow is my nickname because I used to change my hair colour a lot back when I was a veterinary nurse. Over the years my condition has deteriorated but I still work in veterinary practice, just not so hands on as I used to be. The River Pond part of the username is my dog’s name (River) and her nickname (Pond) - yep, I’m also a massive nerd who loves Doctor Who! 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad you've had some sunshine too. We're off to the vets tomorrow, for my kitten Shadow's 3 monthly check up. She was abandoned near me with her Mum & another kitten. The other one also has a new home nearby.......went to the vets as Flossie, & came back as Monty (a much better name anyway).
    My user name is nowhere near as interesting as yours, but it's for the combination of genetic disorders I have Chiari (Malformation) & EDS, which is short for Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome). You will probably know about both, as Chiari 1 Malformation is found in the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, & EDS in cats!
    Thank you for sharing about yourself. If you have any questions, please say; others here often have answers.
  • Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering
    Hello @RainbowRiverPond              :)

My Name is Connie00

I am one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  it’s really nice to meet you.

A very warm welcome to the Community. Thank you for reaching out to us, take a look around our forum and when you feel right perhaps you would like to tell us what has led you to our community, we are always here to lend support, help, and advise where we can,

If we can be of any assistance to you please don’t hesitate to contact us

@connie00           :) 

• RainbowRiverPond
    Thank you for the welcome I do appreciate it - I have become very isolated as things have gotten worse with my condition and it can be very lonely. I guess I was drawn here for that reason, and in the hope of chatting to others who understand ?
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @RainbowRiverPond welcome to the Scope Online Community. The community is a lovely bunch so you will definitely find support here. Would you like to talk to one of the Scope Team about how you are feeling? I’m going to tag @Adrian_Scope just incase you need to talk to the team or access their support services.
  • RainbowRiverPond
    I’m good at the moment but thanks so much for the message. Everyone seems very welcoming it’s lovely ? 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @RainbowRiverPond and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I enjoyed reading your introduction.  Do you enjoy working at the veterinary practice?  Interesting names you have given your dog.  I have a cat and love animals!  I enjoy Dr Who as well.  Who is your favourite Dr?  

I am sorry to hear of your health struggles.  You will receive lots of friendship and support from this great Community as people are lovely on here.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and look forward to seeing you on here.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • RainbowRiverPond
    Thank you for your message @Ails you’re very kind. I do love working in practice, even now I’m not able to nurse anymore. It’s a great environment and very rewarding, especially when we look after wildlife. I have cats too (hazard of the job) and they are such funny characters; they definitely rule the roost over the dog! (And me) 
    I have never been able to choose my favorite doctor but I do love David Tennant and Matt Smith - I think there were some incredible episodes in their seasons. What about you? Do you have a fave? 
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Good to hear @RainbowRiverPond we’re glad to have you with us. 
  • RainbowRiverPond
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @RainbowRiverPond :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • RainbowRiverPond
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Great to have you with us on the community @RainbowRiverPond! I really enjoyed the explanation of your username. Where did your dog get the nickname 'pond'?

I have to admit I'm a bit of a nerd too but I've never been able to get into Doctor Who (I probably need to hide after admitting that! :D)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • RainbowRiverPond
    Haha oh @Adrian_Scope I’m afraid the answer to the nick name question is doctor who related ? without trying to convert you, there’s a character called River Song who’s a fave of mine. SPOILER ALERT her birth name is Melody Pond, so my pupper just ended up being River Pond. Also, the doctor often says “come along, Pond” which I have to admit gives me a fan girl buzz whenever I say that to my dog! 

Lame I know! But I come by it honestly ?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I had a funny feeling when I typed it that the answer was going to end up being Doctor Who related! :D
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @RainbowRiverPond, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  Great to hear that you love working in the veterinary practice.  Yes, cats certainly rule the roost!  I can vouch for that, my wee diva, Christy is the boss in our house for sure, lol!  Glad to hear you love, Dr Who as I enjoy it too.  My eldest nephew is addicted to Dr Who, lol!  I think my favourite Dr would have to be either Jon Pertwee or David Tennant as both were fab!  I think the current lady Dr is pretty good too though!  Hope you are well and having a nice day!  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Rainbow....love your name. You sound lovely.xxx
  • RainbowRiverPond
    Thank you @pollyanna1052 you’re very kind ?

Brightness