PIP HELP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP HELP

James12th
James12th Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi my name is James, my Pip is about to run out on January 28th and its now December 7th, I havent received a renew form or had any contact, what should I do? I'm afraid if I ring them and my support worker cant make it I wont be able to fill the form out and get it back in time, What should I do?

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @James12th and welcome.

It may seem that you had been given a fixed PIP term award, as most will or would have heard before now of a award review.

Most normal award review dates was done a year before an award was to end, see if you're original decision was fixed, but it had now been dropped down by the DWP decreased to 6 months beforehand instead when you would have been sent an AR1 review form.

My advice and is to phone the PIP helpline and ask when your review will be due. I think you would have heard by now?

If you don't contact them you may well find your award will end. Good luck.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2019
    Hi,

Are you sure it's due to end in January 2020 and not January 2021? If you were awarded by DWP you will have a review. If you were awarded by a Tribunal then you should have been contacted 14 weeks before the award is due to end.

Please take another look at your award letter to make sure you haven't mistaken the dates.

If it is January 2019 then your award will end on that date and you need to ring them on Monday morning.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • James12th
    James12th Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thank you very much 
  • Cutelady60
    Cutelady60 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Is it true from may 2018 you don’t have to pay for your medical reports from the doctor I saw this on YouTube about pip and esa. Any advise would be great from tricia x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Is it true from may 2018 you don’t have to pay for your medical reports from the doctor I saw this on YouTube about pip and esa. Any advise would be great from tricia x

It's free to request digital copies of your medical records, if this is what you mean. If you require paper copies then they could be a charge. If you ask your GP for a supporting letter then there may also be a charge for this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @James12th. Did you manage to find out what is happening with your PIP claim? 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.