Hi, my name is mrsamywil! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is mrsamywil!

mrsamywil
mrsamywil Community member Posts: 5 Listener

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mrsamywil and welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • mrsamywil
    mrsamywil Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Where do I start I've just put an ad on discussion lol I'm currently struggling with fibromyalgia me/cfs and respiratory disease along with terrible anxiety xxxxx
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    It's good to have you with us here on the community @mrsamywil and I'm sorry to hear you're struggling. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mrsamywil - Welcome to the community from me too, & thank you for joining us all. I'm very sorry to read about the different disorders you have which are causing you difficulties. There are a lot of people here that have fibromyalgia, & some with ME. I'll ask my friend @thespiceman to advise as far as your anxiety goes as he has very useful information.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2019
    Hello @mrsamywil    Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for my good friend    @chiarieds for mentioning me.

Sorry to hear you suffering anxiety.

I am one of the team of community champions.  

I have mental health issues my self. Mainly anxiety.

Please if I can advise a few diet changes if you not aware. Please can be beneficial to your wellbeing.

I have a lot of knowledge and education how to cope. Even so the most important thing is recognise the symptoms. Be also seek any medical professional help and advice.

Please can I advise the following need to be avoided at all times.

Caffeine in Coffee, Tea and Cola and Chocolate or Cocoa.  Caffeine is a stimulant in small doses fine but in large amounts causing problems.

The reaching for a cuppa to soothe you does make it worse the symptoms.

Chest pains, thudding heart, palpations, sweats, shakes, stomach issues. The fear or flight symptoms can be dealt with some diet, nutritional changes.

Alcohol being one, all those having alcoholism, including my self.  Clean for twelve years.

Finding reaching every time anxious have a drinks makes the symptoms worse and depression can be combined with anxiety.

There are certain foods you should be taking.

Sensible precautions and practical have a well balanced diet.

Eggs, leafy greens, lean meat, beans, pulses, nuts play a good role in easing symptoms.

Also plenty of vegetables, fruit make sure you eat . Citrus and Vitamin C have warm milky drinks with honey or whole meal bread toast before you go to bed.

Yoghurt, and certain herbs, spices aid the restless anxiety stomach.  

Spices include Turmeric , Cinnamon, Fennel Seeds aid digestion a common trait of anxiety sufferers.  Herbs Basil useful.

Rushed meals a common incidents of eating, stress and being restless.

I would also add a lot of medications have the effects of anxiety.

Sertraline and Mirtazapine both has in the list of side effects restless , anxiety and urges to move or sit still not very long.

Another useful aids cold water tap sip slowly, deep breathing. Music on classical or Classic FM or anything like meditation.

Deep breathing.

Have and use relaxation techniques.  Insomnia a  part of anxiety you could look a this link .

https://sleepcouncil.org.uk.

Leaflet line and information  0800 018 7923

Missed meals caused acidic problems uncomfortable stomach issues.

Please if I can suggest speak to the mental health charities. I have listed.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org.

Last one is an advocate charity any problems with medical professional. Speak on your behalf.

All charities do a lot of welfare support, give information and well being on your anxiety Including lots of the tips and diet advice .

Understand through one of the charities listed got a qualification on Understand health Part 2 some others as well relating to nutrition.

https://www.actionforme.org.uk.

Helpline 0844 576 5326

Links above for ME organisation.

They will take  clientele with additional disabilities as well mental health.
    Please if I can help with anything. Please get in touch.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mrsamywil and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  Sorry to hear about your struggles and I hope you found the above excellent information given by @thespiceman to be helpful.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and meet some new friends along the way.  This is a really friendly forum which is very supportive so please feel free to chat to us anytime.  I look forward to seeing you on here and if there is anything you need help/support with then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness