Capita pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Capita pip

hello20
hello20 Community member Posts: 98 Connected
My partner suffers from mental health condition  an applied pip few weeks ago no assessment letter has been  sent out yet but  capita called today asking for partner why would they call 

Comments

• Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    Hello hello20 ...My wife was caught out by that phone call ....we never realised that it is actually the first part of the assessment , before he answers the phone call he should have all his details at hand and be prepared to tell them about his problems... my wife ( carer)had to do that for me as I am deaf. The next stage of claiming for PIP is a form being sent to your partner . I would advise you or your partner to get someone ( CAB  or social worker maybe ) to help you with the part 2 of the claim( the question form) please remember they want to know how your partners illness affects them on a daily basis . That exactly what the assessment is all about . I went through my assessment and was awarded enhanced PIP on both parts ...it took a while and it was totally draining . Thankfully  I had a very nice lady from Capita come to my house to assess me ....she very nice but professional as well . I also had the experts on this site explain the process to me and they helped me from start to finish , I also paid around £20 to join another site  (Benefits and Work) just to help me understand exactly what the assessment is about...but to be honest , the experts on this site were just as helpful ( if not more so) ...any questions you have will be answered by the experts on this site .....
    Good Luck to you and your partner ...please let us know how you both get on .
  • hello20
    Thank you partners filled form in which got filled by citizen advise an sent it back 5 weeks ago an today we got call go talk to my partner 

Can I ask was you called after u sent the pip form 

will let u know how we get on 
    thank you for advise 
    Will check the website out 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,938 Disability Gamechanger
    @hello20 they most likely needed to ask your partner some questions but it's impossible to answer that question. They do sometimes ring but it's rare. I'd advise your partner to ring them back to ask what they wanted.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    Nope, personally I was not called after I put in my assessment form .Yep, I would follow poppy123456 advice...I did so from the start and she was spot on with her advice.  
    Yep, maybe your partner should phone them back to ask what they wanted to know ...it might well save you a face to face assessment. Good luck ( which of course such assessments should not need " "luck"  ...but they do. ).
  • hello20
    Thank you they called to book Assasement  but letters sent out 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.