Hi, my name is Anya and I'm new here. A bit about me - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Anya and I'm new here. A bit about me

2»

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Rifi7     Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for my friend   @chiarieds for mentioning me.

I am sorry to hear to hear you are struggling and please can I add your not alone. You are a valued, respected member of our community.

We are here to help, be supportive, please ask any thing.

I have mental health with disability. You can and should be entitled to good mental health support. If that is not happening.

Understand your situation now with social workers. Should be advising, helping unfortunately this has not happened.

I would use these three charities please have a look on the websites, you can self refer or ask your Doctor.

Please if I can explain what they do. Offer floating support, welfare, benefit advice, guidance help on your disability. Do take clientele with additional disabilities as well mental health.

Looking at you how you can be beneficial to your wellbeing health sleep, diet, and so.  Signposting to relevant support or organisations.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk

https://www.mind.org.uk

https://www.rethink.org.

Last one is an advocate charity. Getting problems with medical professionals. Doctors and will speak on your behalf. represent you , be in attendance.

Useful. Informative.

Might not be in all areas, also speak to your GP.

Please if I can help with anything further please get in touch.

Happy to answer any questions or need to ask me anything.

I am one of the team of community champions.

Have knowledge, education and experience on a range of aspects of living with a disability and mental health.. 

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Kismet_anya
    Kismet_anya Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Hi @thespiceman,
    I will definitely take a look at those links later today. I've had some very bad experiences with the mental health services in my area before I became physically ill and when they discharged me earlier this year due to being 'too physically ill to work with' they wrote in my notes that I may be attention seeking and were questioning the concrete diagnoses I have. Luckily for me most of the Dr's I've ended up poo pooing it. I've asked for adult ss support and told they don't fund that anymore in my area but again we had a vet bad experience with child ss when I was very bad mentally. Thanks again, ill take a look at the links later after my daughters school play. I've heard of mind but not the others. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Kismet_anya     Thank you for reply, kind words.

You not alone with any thing like this.

Unfortunately your story is very common, I am an example of this. Being thrown out of Doctors waiting rooms.

Coming back with RETHINK, advocate, thirty years of problems with addiction, denying medical professionals, cherry picking all the normal things and aspects of mental health.

If you can cope on your own in their views, opinions. Even though ill , will not entertain anything to your wellbeing.

I had one person from a council services who initiated her own rules and more interested in a cup of tea and a kind word, Oh I said.

Kind word do not drink the tea.  I uttered and spat back.  You have to understand about mental health is it a stressful, under paid over burden occupation, five ten years ago many charities.

Had the time, energy the patience, plus tolerance to help. Now budgets, funding whole areas sometimes cut, this is not helping any one with mental health.

Which is the reason I do implore those with any issues. Whether suicidal thoughts, feeling emotions. To general anxiety and depression to contact immediately your Doctors or go on line finding local support like these charities.

My reason is a practical one, do not wait because of length of time.

I had similar issues. Why I am always here helping those the tangles of mental health.

I am always here any time to be advising, consult on any issues of mental health and any health related. Diet, nutrition.

Please just tag my name ask any questions.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Kismet_anya, how was your daughter's school play? :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Rifi7
    Rifi7 Community member Posts: 198 Pioneering
    Hi there,
    Sorry but I think you me mixed up with someone else. I don’t have children.

• Kismet_anya
    Kismet_anya Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    @Adrian_Scope oh I loved it! It made me cry in a good way seeing her up there joining in with everyone else! So proud 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Rifi7 and how are you today?  Sorry for taking so long to get back to you as sometimes I don't manage on here every day.  I see that you have been speaking to @chiarieds and @thespiceman who have both given you excellent advice.  I'm sorry to hear you are still struggling and there is a lack of resources in your area.  Have you had a chance to look more into the Shine organisation for some support?  Here is the link to it again:-

https://www.shinecharity.org.uk/spina-bifida/spina-bifida

I had a wee look at their website again and apparently you can enter in your postcode to find out support groups for people with Spina Bifida in your area so it maybe worth a try.  With regards to your adaptations not being carried out yet in your flat, can you speak to your GP to ask if he can maybe contact your O.T. to see if things can be hurried along somewhat?  Sorry to hear their is no Community Link Worker in your area, but this may go under a different name in other areas of the U.K.  Again your GP maybe able to put you in touch with someone or Social Work.  Did you get a chance to look at any of the threads on Social Prescribing?  Here is the link to the discussions anyway if you want to take a look as this maybe worth asking your GP about too -

https://www.scope.org.uk/search/?collection=scope-meta&query=Social+Prescribing

Also do have a look at the links @thespiceman has provided for you.  You sound as though you are a really sociable person and I can understand how you just want to get out and chat to people over a coffee.  I love doing that too and hate if I am stuck in the house!  I hope the above info is of some help at least and please let me know if I can be of any further help to you.  I am always happy to have a chat as many other people on here are too.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.  Wishing you all the best.  :smile:

Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness