Esa — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa

Options
chrissy92
chrissy92 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi I've just started claiming esa for the 1st time 13 th September 2019 I've been for my assessment and I've recieved a letter in my uc journal saying I'm unfit for work im just wondering will I get a back pay 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,051 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope. What exactly does it say on your journal please because unfit for work isn't enough of information to be able to help you further. Does it say either limited capability for work (LCW) or limited capability for work related activity (LCWRA)?

I'll be able to help you further once you've answered that question.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chrissy92
    Options
    Limited capability for work related activity 

• poppy123456
    Options
    This means that you'll receive an extra £336 per month but because there's a 3 full month waiting period you won't receive the extra money until the 4th assessment period. When you'll receive it will depend on when you sent your first fit note and when your assessment period dates are. Potentially there isn't going to be any backdated money owed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • chrissy92
    Options
    My first sick note went in on the 13th September and I had my assessment on the 21st november and got my letter in my journal on the same day 6 hours later 
  • chrissy92
    Options
    My 4th payment will be 19th January 2020 as I'm on uc 
  • poppy123456
    edited December 2019
    Options
    When i said assessment period i didn't mean your face to face assessment. What i meant was when is your assessment period for your Universal credit claim? everyone has assessment periods each month and then you usually get paid 7 days after that.
  • chrissy92
    Options
    My first payment was 19th September 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    When did you first claim UC? then i'll know when your assessment period is.
  • chrissy92
    Options
    13th September 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Sorry but your dates don't add up because UC is paid monthly and when you first claim UC there's a 5 week wait before you receive your first payment. Do you mean you started your claim on 13th August?
  • chrissy92
    Options
    I applied for uc on the 13th september and my first payment was 19th October 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Based on your dates, if the fit note was sent the same day you applied for UC then you'll receive your first LCWRA payment in January.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.