Mandatory Reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory Reconsideration

Options
Ted1964
Ted1964 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
I’ve just been disallowed PIP despite having had it for 3 years. My conditions are unchanged, if not worse. I suffer with MH and really can’t face the appeals process. I’ve asked for a mandatory reconsideration, but am in turmoil in terms of putting pen to paper 

Comments

• Ted1964
    Options
    I’ve just been disallowed PIP despite having had it for 3 years. My conditions are unchanged, if not worse. I suffer with MH and really can’t face the appeals process. I’ve asked for a mandatory reconsideration, but am in turmoil in terms of putting pen to paper 
  • Joanne_Alumni
    Joanne_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 188 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Ted1964,
    Welcome to the Community.
    I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your PIP claim. It can be a frustrating process!
    There is some useful information on the Scope website about challenging a PIP decision
    I am sure that other members will also be able to offer you support.
    Unfortunately decisions are not very often changed at the Mandatory Reconsideration stage and you may need to take your claim to appeal.
    If you would like to talk to anyone about this, our Helpline advisers would be happy to talk you through the process. The Helpline is a free number-0808 800 3333. The lines are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and weekends 10am to 6pm.

Joanne 
    Scope
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Ted1964

Good Morning @ Merry Xmas ? ???

I am one of the "Community Champions" here at Scope.

Yes I have just been through the MR process myself.

Please please let me know if you need a hand ?️ with yours??? 

@steve51

• Ted1964
    Options
    yes I’d be very grateful Steve
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,017 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

You will need to put that request in writing, if you haven't already done this. Stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Do be aware that most MR decisions remain the same, so you'll very likely have to take it to Tribunal. Appearing in person will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour. The only downside is that waiting times for hearings are huge in most areas, so you could be waiting as long as 1 year for a hearing date.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.