PIP ASSESSMENT — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP ASSESSMENT

Options
yvonne9
yvonne9 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi i am 67 years old and my last pip award ended 2 weeks ago so i had to have another face to face assessment i received standard daily living and enhanced mobility with 12 points for moving around  but on the day of my assessment i was unable to get out of my wheelchair when asked to walk around and the lady said not to worry and not to force myself but on the written report it stated that i was seen to walk with good balance , was the reason that this was written that she was going to give me 12 points and did not want her employer to note that i did not get out of my wheelchair in case she had a criteria to enforce

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome, that's a good result, I wouldn't worry the fact you never got out of your chair, it has worked in your favour and saved a lot of hassle for the HP. You can't go any higher on the mobility so sit back and enjoy the festive season. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @yvonne9. I'm glad to read you've been awarded PIP successfully. 
    It's difficult to know why your assessor would have put that she witnessed you walking around with good balance when you didn't get out of your wheelchair. Do you feel the award you received was fair?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • yvonne9
    Options
    yes i am pleased with the award and she awarded me 12 points but with all the complaints about assessors lying in reports i could not understand why she needed to lie 
    The DWP have also kept to their promise made by Amber Rudd regarding pensioners by giving me a ongoing award with a soft touch review in 10 years
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Regardless of what was said in your report, you have Enhanced mobility and you can't receive any higher award than that and you also have a 10 year award, which is the longest award you can have. Great news.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • yvonne9
    Options
    Thanks Merry xmas

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.