How long until I get my back pay following pip tribunal win ? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long until I get my back pay following pip tribunal win ?

Comments

• vicky1234
    vicky1234 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    How long did you have to wait for your tribunal date? Is it mionths 
  • Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    vicky1234 said:

It all depends on your local tribunal centre unfortunately. I called once I lodged my appeal and was given an estimate.

Mine ended up being 18 months from first applying to the tribunal date.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    vicky1234 said:
    Backlogs are huge in most areas and some are waiting at least a year for a hearing date.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • vicky1234
    That's ridiculous I'm waiting for a date in Exeter I'll have a ring tomorrow x
  • poppy123456
    They will give you a timescale but do be aware that it will just be a guide.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • vicky1234
    I will do a year is absolutely appalling
  • poppy123456
    That will be the backlogs sadly. Some are actually waiting in excess of 1 year. Then add on the time it takes to receive backdated money if you win then it increases the time even further.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Please let us know when you hear @vicky1234:)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • vicky1234
    12 months !! ? it's so bad!! 
  • poppy123456
    Unfortunately, we can't do anything about the backlogs. I'd advise you to make sure that all the extra evidence is sent ASAP to HMCTS. You could also use this time to write your submission, using those real life life examples for each descriptor that applies to you, this will definitely help.
  • Kay2512
    Kay2512 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    vicky1234 said:
    12 months !! ? it's so bad!! 
    It’s really crappy waiting, but worth it in the end to continue the fight. I lost my DLA October 2017, took until October 2019 for the tribunal hearing, I won enhanced rate for both and received 104 weeks of backpay. It was an awful couple of years but came out the other side. Chin up, it’ll go quicker than you think xx
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for sharing this @Kay2512, I'm so glad you got the award in the end. :)
    Scope

• Zoe27
    Zoe27 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hello I had my tribunal on nov 26th and won it today  16th dec I had a call from dwp asking me for bank details and 5 questions how long after the back pay goes into the bank?

I'm new to all of this and dwp weren't very helpful 
  • poppy123456
    edited December 2019
    Zoe27 said:
    Hello I had my tribunal on nov 26th and won it today  16th dec I had a call from dwp asking me for bank details and 5 questions how long after the back pay goes into the bank?

I'm new to all of this and dwp weren't very helpful 

Great news. It shouldn't be too long now but there's no timescales. The only ones that can tell you for sure is DWP. Give them a ring tomorrow to ask.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Great news @Zoe27! Have you had chance to call?
    Scope

• PeterL1988
    PeterL1988 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Applied for PIP in July 2018. Went all the way to a Tribunal on 9th January 2020. We won the Tribunal with the DWP going in first to make a deal of Standard Daily Living to which we contested and got Enhanced. The DWP rep was amazing...not what I expected at all. As we contested the Standard Daily Living, the DWP rep was more than happy to add points to trigger Enhanced Daily Living. She also pulled us aside afterwards and was apologetic and helpful. She advised 4 weeks for PIP payment. I contacted PIP on 10th January to provide bank details and contacted them again on 17th to chase things up and they said they may aswell ask the questions regarding payment whilst I was on the phone. Being told I will get my PIP 4 weekly payment 4 weeks after my decision date, does this mean I will get PIP on the 6th Feb with the back pay coming anyday? Also, is the statement of reason the letter you receive from the Courts after the Tribunal as PIP stated they too received the same document as myself on the 10th January.

Many Thanks
  • poppy123456
    @PeterL1988 great news. Backdated money should be paid first, with your 4 weekly amount after that. Once DWP release the funds it takes 3-5 days to go into your bank, depending on who you bank with. I'd advise you to ring DWP to ask if the payment has been made. It can take up to 8 weeks to receive money owed.

What you received from the Tribunal was a decision letter and not the statement or reasons. You would only receive this if you requested it and you don't usually request it, if you're happy with the decision made by the Tribunal.
  • PeterL1988
    Thank you for the fast response. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Great news @PeterL1988 and a very warm welcome to the community!
    Scope

• PeterL1988
    Contacted PIP this morning to see if any post had been sent out, it had yesterday. They read the letter out to me and advised the following. PIP is paid on Mondays and I will receive my first payment on 24th Feb and 4 weekly from then on. They gave a detailed breakdown of everything. In regards to backpay, they said that it will be in my bank on Monday 3rd Feb. 

Applied for PIP 3rd July 2018
    Tribunal - 9th Jan 2020
    Backpay - 3rd Feb 2020
    First PIP payment - 24th Feb 2020

Just some dates in case people are curious of the timescales.

Many Thanks.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.