Is the allowed amount after or before tax and do they take into account pension contributions?
Hi I’m hoping someone can give me a direct answer here as Iv been told many different things !
I’m starting a new job and will be earning more than the amount allowed to receive esa.
My employer is willing to drop my hours (which are only 15!) to keep me with in my allowed earnings however by the time Iv payed into my nhs pension and payed tax I’m well below the amount allowed !
Is the allowed amount after or before tax and do they take into account pension contributions as Iv been told differently on a few occasions!
Feeling very confused and frustrated as I’m trying to better myself and work within my boundaries within a hospice while still receiving cancer treatment! However I’m feeling like I’m being penalised for doing so !
- 54.2K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 157 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 800 Work and employment
- 591 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 293 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.8K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 709 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 941 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.