Universal credit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal credit

nuttybiker74
nuttybiker74 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
Evening all
i’m totally confused this evening ?
had a journal message from work coach saying I am no longer required to attend job centre interviews. I questioned this and was told it’s because my husband is working.
ive been on it 12 months and have just sent off my second work questionnaire as I’m not fit for work????
please help as my brain is fried

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @nuttybiker74. Were you having to look for work previously? Has your partner recently started work or earning more?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • nuttybiker74
    Hi Adrian 
    thanks for replying.
    i haven’t worked for 2 years now due to manic depression (had it 33 years) and osteoarthritis of hip knee back.
    i was in the limited working group.
    they have now said because my husband works that I don’t need anymore job centre interviews.
    ive recently sent off a second health questionnaire as my year has ended????
    why don’t they make things easy
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
     Hi,

It will be because your husband most likely earns more than the earnings threshold, which means that you both don't need to attend appointments.

As you have limited capability for work, this is an ongoing award unless you're found fit for work. You'll still have the work allowance because of the LCW unless you're found fit for work and then that allowance will be removed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nuttybiker74
    Thanks poppy
    i was on esa then moved to Lwrag 
    will I still get money now?
    my husbands wage isn’t a huge amount.
  • poppy123456
    If you're receiving the extra money for having limited capability for work then you'll continue to receive it until a decision's been made on the work capability assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • nuttybiker74
    Ok thanks ever so much for your help
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.