*TRIGGER * No One Cares — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

*TRIGGER * No One Cares

Kimeva24
Kimeva24 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
I have a bunch of mental health issues and everywhere I go, they mess me about and send me to someone else who again passes me off to the next or tell me to go to my gp. What is a gp gonna do? They arent therapists or psych drs. I self harm, have been for over 20 years off and on, have had mutiple suicide attempts (once i almost succeeded) and I have these so called professionals telling ME, that my depression isn't that bad. Which only makes me feel worse and makes the urges worse.
I swear, I feel like I have to attempt something just to get someone to realise that I DO need help, i ask and ask for help and get messed about. During one assessment I was asked what was keeping me from either self harming or attempting suicide and I told them, my kids and my partner, i wouldn't want to hurt him like that. I've been on the receiving end of a successful suicide and don't want to put anyone I love through that but my depression is so freaking bad and I'm so frustrated that I'm starting to think, why bother. I mean hell if no one else cares why should I?
On top of that, I'm a type 2 diabetic and have chronic pain throughout my body. My partner and I haven't eaten in two days, we have no money (he's starting a new job on Tuesday) but that still means 2 weeks with no money. He has no friends or family that we can borrow off of and I don't have family at all. My life has gone from bad to hell. I feel like a burden to my partner, cause I can't work, because the stupid Home Office STILL hasn't sent my resident permit (after 18 months). I'm just at the point of giving up.
Sorry for the book but needed to vent

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi again,
    I feel you could do with someone to advocate for you....to really get across how badly you can feel at times, which is understandable with all you have going on. I've just heard about VoiceAbility that might help, which seem to be in your area. Please see: https://www.voiceability.org/
    I hope my friend @thespiceman will reply when he can either here, or in the 'Welcomes' section.
    For now, the charity Mind may again be helpful as to self-harming. See: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/self-harm/helping-yourself-now/
    If things feel too bad, please ring the Samaritans on 116 123 That might be really helpful right now.
    For food banks try here: https://www.trusselltrust.org/
    Please know you're not alone & we really do care about you. You are now a valuable member of this community; part of the 'family.' Do take care, & try & look at the links.

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Kimeva24    Pleased to meet you.

Sorry to hear what you are going through, please I hope you avail of the information, regarding your mental health talk to the relevant people and please may I add.

All useful numbers.

You not alone, happy to be supportive have empathy, compassionate. Listen anytime.

Thank you for my friend @chiarieds   mentioned me.

I have mental health issues my self.  Have had these a long time but know how to cope and deal with my issues. I have been in many areas having moved to get support. Have extensive knowledge and education of mental health and anxiety, depression.

Used to have addiction with the mental health, now clean but mental health remains.

Add to that the insider knowledge of charities the mental health systems and how they worked. After being volunteering for a number of mental health charities.

I use my expertise and judgement to advise others on the forum, please I just need to explain that.

I am one of the team of community champions on the forum.

Sorry to hear what you have been through, I can identify everything you saying.

Treatments CBT or using medication and therapist plus looking at well being, health simple goals and aims can be helpful to depression.

Diet plays a part your a diabetic and then can effect as you know levels of blood sugar need to be regulated.

With depression can come the urge to eat unhealthy , the cakes, biscuits and this can cause rises in blood sugar.

Any depression should include in the diet, Whole Grains. Peas, Lentils, etc.

The problem with some tinned pulses baked beans include sugar.

Plenty of vegetables add fruit you can take safely .

Avoid the following Caffeine, Coffee, Tea, Colas, Chocolate. 

Alcohol, Smoking.

I would advise speak to a wellbeing service who can assist you more.

One of the best ways is to write it down clear and precise statement.

When assessed by services please can I give you this to read, done that a lot. 

All services have a sense of duty and care and also are responsible to the care they give you.

Add to that they need to discuss any thing with you plans, schemes coping methods, aims  strategies..

You will have fortnightly visits and this is subject to reviews and so on through the tenure of you agreement, they will assess you do a review.

Usually one month, three months, six months and so on.

If you fail in their eyes to adhere to any advising support meetings or anything you can make your issues recover.

Called recovery if you do not .  Will have to consider your participation in any such charity a letter is sent out.

I had to explain this to you.

I used the following three charities please consider these.

I will say they do offer floating support, outreach workers and wellbeing, health.

Guidance with advice on a range of solutions, coping methods.

These involve monthly meetings usually meeting others.

Including sleep, medication, diet, nutrition and learning to deal with anxiety and depression.

They might sign post you to relevant support with in the charity.

Only have own therapists, counsellors and some of them only have certain services to deal with addiction, alcohol and drugs.

Please can I add some have employment advisors.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org.

The last one is an advocate charity.   This offer representation on your behalf.

Speaks on issues mental health and behalf on clientele experiencing difficulty with Doctors or NHS team or mental services.

They might not be in all areas.

Please I am going to give you some other links information may be useful.

To do with welfare, debt, money. Useful, informative.

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk.

https://www.stepchange.org.

https://www.turn2us.org.uk.

https://www.salvationarmy.org.uk.

https://www.redcross.org.uk.

For Chronic pain this organisation.

https://www.awaywithpain.co.uk.

Lots of advice, support.

Benefit information DWP

https://www.gov.uk.

Please if I can help further pleas ask, here to be compassionate, empathise and have sensitivity.

Please take care of your self your a valued member of our community.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Kimeva24
    @thespiceman and @chiarieds
    I thank you for the links and resources, not one GP or agency has mentioned any of the resources that you both have, the only one they gave me was the Samaritins and Happy, Sad, Ok neither of which helped me in the least. I called the Samaritins once when I thought I was a definite danger to myself and the person I spoke to seemed very uninterested in what i was saying or that I was bothering them somehow.
    Im going on 48 hours of no sleep, so i am going to go lay down and  get some rest.
    Bit i will be writing all the links down tomorrow in my mental health notebook and start checking them all out. Once I thank you for your amazing help,it's truly appreciated.
    One question would either of you happen to know who or where i go to for Asylum support because until i get my immigration status sorted I cannot claim any benefits or help. 
    Much love 
    Kym 
  • thespiceman
    edited December 2019
    Hello @Kimeva24    Thank you for you post, kind words.  Pleased to help you.

Unfortunately in this Country mental health is a problem, often Doctors have a duty to sign post your situation to local council services.

Nothing ever is recognised from those who I have ever contacted. Council services often employ young university graduates who have no ideas of life and also experience.

Because it does not every thing in the lessons or the books they learnt then you not ill.

Had this my self. One pointed out similar to you. Mis informed, miss chances mis diagnosis a common trait and the system we have here is all wrong.

I have to admit staff some of them should be sacked as attitudes and way they present them selves do not one ouch of compassion and empathy.

I know of those who need reassurance, comfort and lots of positivity.

Had ended taking the final journey, no doubt the responsibility the causes rest on staff.

No enquiry or reports no sackings allowed to carry on.

Sorry if I alarmed you just a honest open gentleman. Please I am sorry also about Samaritan some of them are a issues as well. Have to say that. Like every service, good and bad, not good to say that but true.

Please if you ever feel unsafe need some reassurance some one to deal with those emotions, feelings. Had those went to hospital straight away, asked an ambulance.

Please have look at the MIND website has a link as will.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

Please can I ask if you ever need to talk please tag me happy to listen this something I do as a part of the team.

I do as a community champion have care. I do the reason lately been and do on this forum . Most early days and late nights into early morning.

As I am aware of the failings of the system anxiety myself causes to be sitting here late to help support members like yourself.

I apologise on behalf of our Country our health system you reaching out no one cares.

I know met many Asylum seekers claiming asylum and became aware of their situations, be a friend. After all there here to have anew life. We must offer acceptance if they are offering, skills, talents and abilities to help, heal and inspire others.

Understand the information you required for Asylum Support website.

https://www.gov.uk/asylum-support

Asylum Helpline 

0808 801 0503

Please contact me anytime.

Please wish all the best thinking of you keep safe and warm.

In my prayers.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Kimeva24,
    It sounds like you're in a frankly awful situation and I'm really sorry you've fallen foul of the incredibly strained social care system in this country.
    Can I ask if your partner has residency in the UK? The Trussell Trust network of food banks provide emergency food if you can get a referral. There's some information about that here. I know there are also some organisations that have outreach programmes for those with unconfirmed status. If you'd like us to explore this as an option, you could get in touch with us on community@scope.org.uk

In terms of addressing your mental health, I'm sorry it seems you're being passed around by various professionals. As a pan-disability charity this isn't our area of expertise, but we would of course be willing to try and advocate for additional support on your behalf by way of a social care referral. I'm not sure how your residency status would impact the referral, but if it's something you'd like to try, you can email us again at community@scope.org.uk

In the meantime, you've been signposted to Samaritans (116 123) but have you tried the crisis text service Shout (you can access this by texting SHOUT to 85258), or SANEline (0300 304 7000) who are open from 4.30pm to 10.30pm every day of the year. I don't know if you have a smart phone, but there's also the Stay Alive app you can download.

Best wishes,
    Adrian
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Kimeva24
    @thespiceman
    Thank you so very much. Today I got a letter from the Home office about a hearing. This is my first hearing and as i have read awhile ago theu were supposed to have a short hearing within a week of me putting in my claim, which was a year and half ago. On top of thay they had no reason to object me enyry in the first place, i had ample money to sustain me and i had a round-trip ticket, I have NEVER had any criminal convictions or even questioned by the police in the US. plus someone i was staying with and visiting. I need a lawyer but have no money for one. Im going to Citizens advice tomorrow to see if they will help with legal aid. The Home Office has screwed up my asylum claim from day one. 
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Kimeva24   Thank you for reply.

Please can I ask did you look at any of the links I provided for you.

I apologise a lot and information over load.

I do care about our members have a lot of concerns.

I do understand what your going through.

As a member of our community. 

Please if I can one more link, this one asking for legal advice.

https://www.lawsociety.org.uk.

Website helps you find a lawyer and legal aid.

Please if you do contact any of the links the many mental health charities have a lot with in house advisors.

Sign posting. 

I apologise so sorry to hear the way you have been treated.  I have met many Americans felt the love, warmth appreciation and kindness.

In my many meetings.   Through business and social.

Unfortunately I do get angry .

Towards people in this country especially Government offices. No respect for any one who wishes to reside here.

I hope if I can be helping or some one to listen to please get in touch.

Pleasure to have met you.

Please take care and keep warm, safe.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Kimeva24
    @Adrian_Scope
    Hiya thank you for the welcome and ues my partner is a UK resident, so I will be sure to check out the link you posted, thank you for that also. Im grateful i fpund this site as i had no where else to go, you all are a god send xx
    Kym
  • Kimeva24
    edited December 2019
    @thespiceman
    I  going to check out the links now, i just today started to feel better as i hadn't slept in three days and finally got  a good amount last night..
    Thank you for all of your help  And its a pleasure to meet you as well xx
    Kym
    Edit to add:
    I checked out mind.org and the closest to me for services is in Runcorn which is 7 miles away from me and with no money its impossible to get there, also jist so you know i went on tje same website for free legal aid this morning and no one in my town does legal aid for immigration the cheapest i found was £1,000 so I am going to citizens advice tomorrow and see what happens 

Brightness