DWP error - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP error

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    No, it's definitely not to do with that. All i can advise is that she rings DWP to ask what it's about because we could be going around in circles here trying to guess what it's about.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sami123
    sami123 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    Ok thanks I’ll phone them 
  • sami123
    Hi just another question I have you know I said my daughter was paid £17 k it wasn’t paid in whole amount it was paid in £4000 £4000 like this and Over the year she has also been paid £388,60 her payment has gone down to £317.76 today does she still have to prove we’re the money has gone ? 
  • poppy123456
    It's disregarded for 1 year at least anyway and during that time she can do what she wants with it. So no she doesn't have to prove where it's gone.

I see with the £388 amount that within that payment she receives the severe disability premium. Does she live alone and does anyone claim carers allowance for looking after her?

I have no idea what the £317.76 amount is because that amount doesn't make any sense. For that you'll need to ring DWP and ask why she's received that amount this time.

Also did you ring about them regarding the PIP question?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • sami123
    Ok She lives with me I care for her an claim Carers allowance the pip I’m waiting for the form to be 100% with and then phone them do you think £317.76 has gone down because they have stopped paying her the money they owed ?
  • poppy123456
    As she lives with you then the £388 she's been receiving is too much because this includes the Severe disability premium and she won't be entitled to receive that because she lives with you and you claim carers allowance for looking after her.

If she's always been living with you and you've always claimed carers allowance for looking after her then she would never have been entitled to claim the severe disability premium.

The amount she should be receiving each week is £128.45, which is £256.90 every fortnight. I have no idea why she's receiving £317.76 every fortnight. My advice is to ring ESA to find out what's going on because if you don't then she could end up with an overpayment.
  • sami123
    edited December 2019
    £388.60 was owed to her as they never paid her for many Years that’s why they have been paying her that I’ve got paper work to prove it for many years years they never paid her severe disability premium carers allowance I didn’t start to claim that till an year ago citizens advise have seen the paper work and it’s all calculated on there what they haven’t paid her for many years It’s hard to explain on here everything in detail 
  • poppy123456
    If she was previously living alone and claiming either PIP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care then yes she would have been entitled to the SDP BUT she's no longer entitled to the extra money as advised above.

If she's now receiving £317 every fortnight then this is more than what she should be receiving and as i advised and if you're her appointee then you will need to ring ESA as soon as possible to find out what's going on because she will have an overpayment which will continue to get bigger.
  • sami123
    Ok I will phone them
    and see what they say 
  • poppy123456
    edited December 2019
    sami123 said:
    £388.60 was owed to her as they never paid her for many Years that’s why they have been paying her that I’ve got paper work to prove it for many years years they never paid her severe disability premium carers allowance I didn’t start to claim that till an year ago
    The £388.60 is the total amount of ESA every fortnight when the severe disability premium is added. The SDP is £65.85 per week and it's added to the ESA amount.

Since you started claiming the carers allowance for looking after her then she would not be entitled to the SDP of £65.85 per week going forward, this means her ESA should be £256.90 every fortnight.

May i ask, before you started claiming carers allowance was your daughter living alone?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.