Name your best childhood memory — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Name your best childhood memory

Options
Tammyjane33
Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
What is your favourite childhood memory? 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What a great idea @Tammyjane33! It would have to be going to Disney land in Paris as it was just after I had a procedure on my legs so it was the first time I was able to walk for longer and nearly keep up with my younger brother!
    Scope

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's got to be all the concerts I went to from the age of 4 up until my teens. The rush after school to get there on time, not getting home until 1 or 2 in the morning - sometimes a cheeky McDonalds on the way home. Then all ready for school in the morning...and I never fell asleep in class once!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Bettahm
    Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The school summer holidays. Two weeks away (Canvey Island, IOW, Plymouth, never been abroad) and lots of day trips down London. The zoo was my favourite.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have a few good ones. This is my favorite childhood memory of all time however. 

Once in the summer of 2004 I went to the seaside (Brighton) with my parents for two or three days as a mini vacation. I was seven years old at the time. We spent the previous couple of nights in a nice hotel. My family and I munched sandwiches whilst sitting on a bench on the pier for lunch on the second day of the trip . The beach was crowded that day. Before lunch we visited the arcades and tried to win a prize but failed. 

As we were strolling about on the pier after lunch, I realised that my necklace was missing. I was slightly upset. I never saw that necklace disappear and someone had kindly given me it for my fifth birthday less than three years earlier. It was a birthday gift that I loved truly and wore on special outings. 

But my favorite memory is of me going on the rides. We had a lovely time at the shops too later that afternoon. It made up for my disappointing arcade experience. We even played in a playground in Brighton as well on the last day of the trip. 

Brightness