Not paid UC and keep getting fobbed off - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not paid UC and keep getting fobbed off

Options
2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,072 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    May i ask if you're claiming carers allowance for looking after your son? have you also put both yours and your partners details into a benefits calculator to see if you're entitled to any Universal Credit? I'd advise you to do that because if your partner is on low income then you maybe entitled to something.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Josh19
    Josh19 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    We're not we've done that he gets paid to much. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    What about carers allowance? do you work yourself or just your partner? If you don't work then you'll be entitled to claim carers allowance which is £66.15 per week.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Joanne_Alumni
    Joanne_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 188 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Josh19,
    I have read through your posts and can't see any mention of PIP. I assume that your son is already getting this?
    Joanne 
    Scope
  • Josh19
    Josh19 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    Yes he gets pip. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Then my advice above is correct, of you don't work or work an earn less than £123 per week after deductions they you can claim carers allowance for looking after him. Your partners earnings do not count. https://www.gov.uk/carers-allowance/eligibility

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.