f2f for pip, when should I find out my outcome? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

f2f for pip, when should I find out my outcome?

Nerviouswreck
Nerviouswreck Community member Posts: 15 Listener
edited December 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I know this is an old thread.   I was at a f2f for pip 2weeks past on Thursday 28th November.    Any idea when I should find out my outcome ?? All seemed fairly straight forward but I worry as I feel the accessor try’s to put words into my mouth to which I obv changed.   Regards for any fees back 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2019
    Hello @Nerviouswreck    Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We advise, guidance, support members of our community.

I am sorry to hear you getting anxious and stressed over any assessment and outcome.

I know  what your going through.   You are not alone, have compassion empathy.

Please can just say waiting times vary from area to area.

Please if I can suggest consider speaking to mental health charities.. Often useful and helpful to give you reassurance and self esteem, confidence.

I would if you do experience anxiety, depression a lot of stress.

One of the reasons is first help, advise with any anxiety or depression you may going through and any related symptoms.

Coping methods strategies.

Second advise, support you through any benefit situation.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org.uk.

I used all three have a physical disability. As well mental health.

Offered floating support, advise on well being, health. Helped me with assessments attendance. Spoke on my behalf, also good with any forms.

Last one is an advocate charity represents the clientele on any problems with medical professionals.

Please if I can help further any questions please ask.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,347 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report, which you may not receive until after Christmas now.

There's no timescales for any decision, it depends on backlog in your area but as we are very close to Christmas you may not receive the decision until after.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Nerviouswreck

Good Morning & Welcome ⛄️

It’s great to meet you today ⛄️

I can see that you have already been given some great info on go through☃️

Both @poppy123456
    @thespiceman
    are very very good/helpful in regards to your current situation☃️

@steve51

• Nerviouswreck
    Thanks all for your advice and kind words.   I’ll call DWP.   Is there any certain number I call ? Thanks in advance 
  • poppy123456
    Telephone: 0800 121 4433

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Nerviouswreck
    Gave them a call was told 4-6 weeks for me to receive the copy and asked for an update and she said 6-8 weeks.    I was told 4-6 weeks.  Causes terrible stress the worry.   I’d rather know if I am or I’m not ok the I can chill a bit. Lol.   Stress and anxiety are horrible without this on top.  
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2019
    Hello @Nerviouswreck   Thank you for replies. Please can I ask did ever look at any of the links I suggested..

Anxiety is a mental heath condition needs medical professional help and support.

Get then the much needed reassurance of some one who is floating support or an out reach worker.

Who has your interests at heart, I have been there used the links provided.

Intervention, speaking on my behalf talking to the DWP helps eased the situation.

First time for a long time has some one in my corner..

Some thing to consider also valuable useful information.

Many of these charities have a range of services with in house and signposting.

Please if I can help further need to ask anything please do.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Nerviouswreck and a very warm welcome to the community. I'm really sorry to hear how much stress this is causing you. If there is anything we can do to help then please do let us know. :)
    Scope

• Nerviouswreck
    Thanks all for your advice and kind words.   I’m just baffled that they tell me at the f2f 4-6 weeks then on phone 6-8 weeks.   Without getting too far ahead of myself I’d say no news is good news.   If it was bad I’m sure they’re not slow in letting you know.  God knows.  Tbh I’d love nothing better than being back at work and feeling my old self again.  I know a lot are on esa/pip only beachside they’re lazy.   I’m definitely not lazy.   Life just took a turn for the worst in 2015.   I’ll get back on track eventually 
  • poppy123456
    The reason why you're told different times is because there's simply no timescales and no one can tell you exactly how long a decision will take.

Do be aware though that PIP isn't about not being able to work, lots of people claim PIP and work. Very few people claiming PIP and ESA just because they are lazy. Invisible conditions do exist and lots of people claim benefits because of the way those conditions affect them.
  • Nerviouswreck
    Thanks @poppy123456 I’m aware that you can work with pip.   My wording could have been different.   As I said previously I worked all my life till 2015  Horrible Circumstances seen me in a hostel not seeing my kids no job etc.   The lowest I’ve ever been.   I feel I’m on my way back but it’s not happening as quick as I’d like.  A day at a time I suppose.    The money helps but I’d much prefer to be the old me and not have a penny tbh 
  • Nerviouswreck
    Hi all.   Received a letter from pip today stating they have all the information they need to make a decision.   Is this normal ? 
  • Nerviouswreck
    As I’m already on it.   I thought I’d hear on or off 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi all.   Received a letter from pip today stating they have all the information they need to make a decision.   Is this normal ? 

This is normal
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    Yup, it's just a standard letter sent to everyone but a decision can still take 2-8 weeks after this letter. In all honesty i really don't know why they continue to send it because it's pointless.
  • Nerviouswreck
    That’s my thinking @poppy123456 pointless.   Just send the result on or off and that’s that.  
  • Nerviouswreck
    Was due my pip today 23/12/19.  Nothing in the bank.   No letter saying it’s stopped.   Was told on Thursday past 6/8 weeks.  I find this really odd.   Can anybody explain ? 
  • poppy123456
    Are you sure it was due to paid today? If so then a decision may have been made. Mostly money is received or stopped before a letter is received, which means a decision may have already been made. We can only guess what's happened and you'll need to ring them at 8 when they open. Good luck and do let us know the outcome.
  • Nerviouswreck
    Yes was due in bank today.  Strange thing is they said on Thursday I’d wait 6-8 weeks when by looks of it they have made a decision.   Also as it in arrears and I received the Christmas £10 I’m thinking maybe I should have got something if not it all ?   I’ll call them at 8      Wish they’d had told me on phone a decision had been made instead of 6-8 weeks  
  • poppy123456
    When you rang Thursday, if the decision was made within the last 24 hours of that call then they wouldn't have been able to see it because it takes that long to transfer to the other computers. Yes, it's paid in arrears but if the worst has happened and you've been refused it may work out that you won't receive any money at all because of the way it's worked out. Or, if you've got a lower award, it may work out that you owe them money and this time there's no payment to make. What award did you have before the review?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.