Wet room facilities in East Lothian — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wet room facilities in East Lothian

Options
jenlang1960
jenlang1960 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Can anyone recommend a hotel/accommodation in East Lothian which has wet room facilities please?
I’m sure I’m not alone in finding it extremely difficult in finding the right accommodation . I have just contacted a hotel who supposedly has a disabled accessible room but was told that the room wouldn’t be suitable for us as my husband is on a wheelchair!  I enquired about the positioning of the bed (an important factor for us as I need to get the wheelchair alongside the bed to transfer).  The response- “it’s just a normal room, wouldn’t be suitable”.  How on earth do we take these people to task.  It’s not good enough. All I want is to find decent, suitable accommodation .  I have tried the Euan’s Guide (guide to all things to do with access ), but no luck there.  Any advice on either of my points would be very much appreciated. 
Thank you

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hello @jenlang1960    Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions.

I am aware as a frequent traveller in the past used to go over all the country.

Understand the problems, would ring any of the Information Tourists Boards or Centres.

For Hotels.  Suitable for my self my disability.

This one for East Lothian

Telephone 01368 863353

Lots on line have a look  as well.

https://www.limitlesstravel.org.

Might be worth a look do holidays all over the World and UK for members of our community.

Wish you well for a wonderful time.

Please if I can help anything else please get in touch.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jenlang1960 - Welcome to the community. I've also found a link which may be of some use. Here are a few examples: https://www.disabledaccessholidays.com/disabled-holidays/disabled-accessible-resorts/UK-Region/Edinburgh-&-The-Lothians.asp

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jenlang1960 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble in finding a suitable hotel for you and your husband in East Lothian.  Wishing to have a wet-room shouldn't be an impossible task for hotels to provide for disabled guests.  I had a wee look myself, but couldn't find anything better than the information @thespiceman and @chiarieds have provided above.  You could maybe try VisitScotland's head office in Edinburgh to see if they could provide further help.  Here is there telephone number - 0131 472 2222 and this is their website:-

https://www.visitscotland.com/

Sorry I can't be of more help to you.  I live in Scotland, but not that part and have only ever passed through East Lothian and not stayed there.  Lovely part of the world though and I hope you and your husband have an amazing time!  

If there is anything else we can help you with then please just let us know.  All the best.   :)
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness