Pip review before tribunal date — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review before tribunal date

Options
JOJO87
JOJO87 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi there I'm a bit confused I've looked online I have a couple of questions. 
My partner claimed pip over a year ago long story short he was awarded 0 point so we did MR and he gone 8 points on care 2 point on mobility. So he got standard care and no mobility at all so we decided to go to tribunal we got told it will be along wait for this. He award for standard care was only awarded till March 2020 so in September we had a letter for a review we had he f2f on Monday. My question are will the tribunal class this award as a new award with the new dates so it would be class a separate award or will it be an on going award. Just so we know what we can do. E.g if he get 0 points again can we do another MR then tribunal if we have to or if the award is higher and we get mobility will going 2 the tribunal put the new award a risk sorry its very long post but this had been so draining on us my partner has severe mental health conditions. Just waiting to go to tribunal is bad enough then having another f2f as well my minds a bit boggled with it all as I know the tribunal state you can lose your award if not successful but surely if they change his award it would be classed as a new award if that makes sense as it will start with a new date and end date. I'm thinking of phoning the tribunal centre but would the person on the phone know or should I ring pip and ask them many thanks any info would be very much appreciated 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @JOJO87 & welcome to this helpful & supportive community. My understanding is, that if you have a PIP award, it's usually looked at again about 6 months before it would be due to end, which seems to be the case with your partner. If a decision is made even before March 2020, then this would be a new award. If you disagree with any new decision, then you can ask for a MR, & then a tribunal if the MR remained the same. If you go to a tribunal, I believe you will be warned before proceeding further if this might put any PIP award that your partner may have been given at risk.
    I'll ask @poppy123456 to reply in the morning too, as she has a better understanding of PIP than I.
  • JOJO87
    Options
    Thank you so much that what I was thinking any advice would be very much appreciated 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

Thank you to my friend @chiarieds for the tag.

This could complicate things because any new decision made on this review will overrule any decision made on the claim he currently has. This means that if he's given a higher award by the Tribunal he will only receive backdated money to the day before the decision was made on the review.

If the worst happens with this review and he's refused then you will need to request the MR/Tribunal for that decision and the whole process starts all over again.

Hopefully the decision on the review will be in his favour and he won't need to request the MR. For the face to face assessment he's recently had he can request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to him. This will give him some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • JOJO87
    Options
    Thanks poppy that make sense and Is very helpful just keeping me fingers crossed for tribunal date to be soon and hopefully good new on this review. I'll ring pip to see if I can have his report today I don't know if it a bit early with him having his f2f Monday 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.