PIP Decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Decision

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 4 Listener
edited December 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, season greetings, from your post it looks as if the child tax credit is looking at a previous PIP award and until you get the official notification letter then and only then will you know. But if you have your assessment report then you can start preparing for an MR giving examples of what happens when you try to do the descriptors you are contesting giving examples of what happens when you try to do each one

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    mitchlord said:
    Hello, my pip is up for review, on my assessor report i got two point, it was untruthful.

Hi,

Is that the report from your most recent face to face assessment or from your current award?

If it's from your most recent assessment then they usually go with the report, it's rare to go against it.

As no decisions been made on your PIP then i'm unsure how HMRC can say that a decision's been made on the 18th.

No idea what they mean by "they are finishing it today"

Ring DWP again on Monday to see if a decision's been made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
  • poppy123456
    As your award ends in January if a decision isn't made by that time then your PIP will stop.

So you received the report and then you made a complaint to DWP? Was the report returned to the HCP?

March? sorry not sure what you mean by this, what's in March?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • [Deleted User]
  • poppy123456
    It has been known for the report to be returned to the health assessment providers for clarification but it doesn't mean anything other than that.

Unfortunately, all you can do it wait for the decision to be made. If you're not happy once it is then you have 1 month from that date to request the MR.
  • [Deleted User]
  • poppy123456
    This doesn't mean that the claimant doesn't need to attend the assessment, if it's needed. What it means is that if a face to face is needed then a letter will be sent to the appointee and not to the claimant.

It will be the appointees responsibility to make sure evidence is sent to support the claim and prove the claimant qualifies, it's not their responsibility to prove anything or obtain that evidence. They very rarely contact anyone for this, the onus is on you to make sure it's sent.

If there's enough evidence to do a paper based assessment it will be done, otherwise a face to face assessment will be needed. It's rare to have a paper based assessment but it is possible. My daughters PIP review was paper based and i'm her appointee.
  • [Deleted User]
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mitchlord, I imagine it wasn't pleasant at all! A very warm welcome. I'm glad @poppy123456 has been able to provide further guidance. 

To echo, you will have to wait for the result and then are able to appeal it if you are unhappy with the decision. If you choose to appeal then we would be more than happy to support you with the process. :) 
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.