Hi, my name is Ryley98! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Ryley98!

Ryley98
Ryley98 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello im new to the community and ive only recently became disabled (within the last 3 years) and its still something im kinda struggling to come to terms with and to learn how to cope with my disability. 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ryley98 - Welcome to the community. Many here will identify with what you're saying. I have a genetic disorder which perhaps, in some ways, is a bit easier. If you have any questions, there's usually someone that will understand, & reply.
    Please have a look around the forum, using the 'All groups' link on the right, & join in with any discussions.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ryley98

Welcome it’s great to meet you this afternoon .

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Yes disability hit me in 1998 at the age off 32.

This turned my “Life” upside “Down” big time!!!!!!!

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with?????

@steve51
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ryley98 and welcome to the community! Coming to terms with a new diagnosis or disability can be a tough process. Theres no rush, it's best to take things one step at a time. Have you received any emotional support since this has happened?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Ryley98
    Ryley98 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    @Ami2301 i have my family have been amazing but i still struggle to come to terms with it. I was diagnosed with CFS/M.E when i was 19 after a bad bicycle accident and the past 2 years have just been a struggle for me to work around it as there isnt really much support out there for CFS/M.E  at least not in my area. 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ryley98 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  Yes, no doubt if must be extremely difficult coming to terms with a disability after living a more active life.  I am born disabled and don't know any other life myself so can only imagine what it is like.  You will receive lots of support on here from our members, and I am sure some of them who are going through similar experiences to yourself, will be happy to reach out to you as people have done already.  I hope you don't mind, but I am including the Action for M.E. website link for further information and support, if you would like to have a look - 

https://www.actionforme.org.uk/

People are very friendly and supportive on here so please feel free to chat to us anytime.  There will always be someone here to listen.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and I look forward to seeing you on here.  If there is anything at all we can help/support you with then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:

Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Ryley98! It's great to have you and I hope you find the community helpful. I am sure many of the members will be able to relate to what you have said.
    Scope

• emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @Ryley98  We’re all here should you need anything or have any questions. The community is a lovely bunch. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Great to have you with us @Ryley98. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness