I feel empty, dhould I recontact the mental health hospital that used to visit me — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I feel empty, dhould I recontact the mental health hospital that used to visit me

JohnEmile
JohnEmile Community member Posts: 29 Connected
or am i just wasting their time, it is coming up to xmas, they must be busy,,,but i'm just sitting here waiting for the day after boxing day, all the stuff i bought because well, you're supposed to, is either in the freezer or the clothes i bought still in the packet because they won't fit me and whats the point, the day after boxing day is when i'm starting my new capability for work questionnaire,  then sometime in jan. I have appointments or something at dome hospital for more phys. tests/advice, i think thats all, can't even be bothered to eat today, but i will try and eat something later,,,I just feel like that person in the book house on the borderlands, sitting in a chair, watching the dust of aeons drift down
  i might phone them monday, see what happens

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    If you are feeling so low then you must contact someone, even if its only your GP, Christmas can be a lonely time for many people but remember there is always someone here you can chat with.
    Please try and eat if you can and you must take liquids. Take care 
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @JohnEmile   Pleased to meet you.

I am one of the team of community champions. Have mental health issues and a disability with an addiction history.

Happy to be advising, supporting you offer anything I can advise and be supportive.

Please if I can always say please either contact the team you have supporting you.

Any mental health problems signs and problems need to be addressed.

No your not wasting any one time.

To reassure you I have the problems myself this time of year.  I use coping methods, strategies to deal with anything.

Not easy need to share many times on here this forum, you done the right thing always..

I would add speak to the following if having problems accessing support.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org.

All offer floating support advice guidance mental health benefits and assistance, signposting anything thing else.

Last one is an advocate charity supports you speaks on your behalf. Represents you.

Might be useful here if hospital become difficult to speak to. Had this myself works wonders another voice.

I would add always speak to your GP.

Any one with any mental health issues still speak to your GP.

I know myself if I can be a friend . Offer compassion and empathy.

Please get in touch . Happy to listen.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • JohnEmile
    JohnEmile Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    i will make do until monday comes, my regards for your replies
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2019
    Hello @JohnEmile    Please can I thank you for reply.

Please if I can suggest do look at any links this needs to be looked at.

The reasons are Christmas next week, some charities are always have a week off.

It is important if you need any support, help and advice you need to do straight away.

One other reason is a waiting list, could be a period of time you get assessed if you delay  leave the longer you may be waiting.

As with any service depends on areas could be a while.

In the mean time please remember we are here to listen, chat or talk if you need some one to listen please tag my user name.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Good morning @JohnEmile. I think if you're feeling this way, it's important to get in contact with them. They might be busy, but you're just as important as anyone else. Please give them a call today and make sure you're taking care of yourself. :smile:

Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness