Worried I won't be awarded — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Worried I won't be awarded

19wendy64
19wendy64 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited December 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, DWP have wrote to me informing me they have received all the information they need to make a decision on my pip claim, they also wrote about other benefits I could claim for which has me worried now that I’m not going to be awarded it 

Comments

• 19wendy64
    Hi, can you please help me, I’ve received a letter from DWP informing me they have all the information they need to make a decision on my PIP claim and they have also wrote about other benefits I can claim such as ESA and housing benefit! Is this a standard letter they send out to everyone as I’m very worried that my claim is not going to be excepted. I was previously awarded DLA for life. Thank you...
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

The letter you received saying they have all the information they need is just a standard letter sent to everyone and doesn't mean anything at all. A decision can still take 2-8 weeks after that letter. I often wonder why they even bother sending out that letter because it just makes people even more stressed out.

You can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report, although you won't receive it now until after the new year.

As for stating what other benefits you could claim then that's a rather strange letter for them to send because claiming those will depend on circumstances and it's no longer possible to make a new claim for housing benefit or Income Related ESA unless you're claiming Severe disability premium in with another benefit.

May i ask what other benefits apart from DLA do you currently claim?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello  @19wendy64   Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help members of our community.

Please if I can reassure you not alone with any thing.

Please can I add also one good idea is to find any support to get through anything you are coping with.

Please if you have a mental health issues you could contact a mental health charity.

I can give those to you, useful to help with anxiety or mental health.  Please if you need to use them please do. Does help take clientele with additional disabilities as well mental health.

All charities have floating support, health and benefit advice, support.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org.

Last one is an advocate charity. Useful to represent you speak on your behalf.

If experiencing problems with Doctors or Mental health services.

Please think about if you do any guidance or advice contact the community.

We have a list of associations, societies related to any thing your coping or dealing with.

Many charities often have in house advisors.

My friend @poppy123456 has a lot of wealth of knowledge and expertise on any thing benefits.

Please if either or any of the community be supportive. We are a compassionate community. Have empathy.

Ask any questions you need to ask, will help much as we can.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • 19wendy64
    HI and welcome,

The letter you received saying they have all the information they need is just a standard letter sent to everyone and doesn't mean anything at all. A decision can still take 2-8 weeks after that letter. I often wonder why they even bother sending out that letter because it just makes people even more stressed out.

You can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report, although you won't receive it now until after the new year.

As for stating what other benefits you could claim then that's a rather strange letter for them to send because claiming those will depend on circumstances and it's no longer possible to make a new claim for housing benefit or Income Related ESA unless you're claiming Severe disability premium in with another benefit.

May i ask what other benefits apart from DLA do you currently claim?

• 19wendy64
    Type your commentHi, Thank you for your reply. I’m in receipt of ESA Support Group, housing benefits, council tax benifits, high rate care for DLA and low cate mobility 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    As you're already claiming housing benefit and ESA i have no idea why they advised what other benefits you could claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.