Incapacity to ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Incapacity to ESA

mickmc
mickmc Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I recieved a letter asking me for bank statements back dating from 31/1/2015 - 6/11/2019, on the letter it was asking about savings whether it was over £16000 in which i ticked no, it was only a 1 page letter i had to sign and send off with all statements, can someone please shed some light to this, I'm on contribution based esa and it did say i may be able to get income based, still dont understand, thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope.

Were you previously claiming Incapacity benefit before you claimed ESA? If you can answer that then i'll be able to help you further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mickmc
  • mickmc
    I was on incapacity then changed over to esa contribution based esa 
  • mickmc
    I was sent a letter stating that they wanted bank statements from 31/1/2015 - 6/11/2019, i was on incapacity then changed to esa contribution based, the letter i recieved was 1 sheet with boxes asking did we have £16000 in saving in which i ticked no, can anyone shed any light on this as don't know what it's  for, thanks
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @mickmc   Please can I inform you will contact the team member you spoke to this afternoon.

On your behalf.

I am one of the team of community champions. Sent you a post his morning.

Welcomes, Introductions.

@poppy123456   please can you advise and help this gentleman my friend much appreciated.

I noticed you sent the same post a few times.

Sorry to hear not got a reply some times on a weekends we have a lot of members wanting help, advice.

Please can I add you will get a reply. Please can I thank you for patience, tolerance.

Please if you just put a @ on any post like I have done with your name.

It comes into the inboxes and we as community members can reach you speak to you quickly.

Give the answers you need.

Please hope that helps.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    It will be to do with the IB to ESA underpayments all is explained here in this link. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45903514

Whether you're entitled to any backdated money will depend on your circumstances during those dates. The things they assess you for are living with partner that works or claims other benefits, income from pensions, and whether your current ESA includes any transitional support protection as wall as any savings over £6.000.

Some have been owed money and some haven't. Once a decisions been they they will send you a decision letter.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • mickmc
    Ok thank you it was just a bit worrying thought I'd done something wrong
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mickmc and a very warm welcome to the community. Just to let you know, I have merged both of your threads. Don't worry about the duplicates, it's easily done!
    Scope

• khanlia
    khanlia Community member Posts: 6 Listener
  • poppy123456
    khanlia said:
    Sorry 

HI and welcome,

If you have any questions please do ask and i'm sure someone will help you further.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.