lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

lcwra

pelican2
pelican2 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
hi i was awarded lcwra from the 29th of july but have still not received the extra payments yet nearly 150 days later is there any one that would know when i should have received it last month and should i get any thing back dated

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,941 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2019
    HI and welcome,

That will depend on when you first claimed Universal credit and when you handed in your first fit note.

Are you also sure it was LCWRA and not LCW?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pelican2
    hi thank you the first sick note was on the 27th of july i dont really understand how it works its all new to me they said id get it last month but then said i missed the period by a few days the letter says

Hello Kieran
    I can see a decision  has now been made on your universal credit claim and you have been given Limited capability for work and related activities. You will need to wait 91 days  from 29/07/2019and then the extra payments will start automatically on your universal credit claim.You have been given 16 months and so this extra payment will continue until we review this again in 16 months.
  • pelican2
    they said last month then this month so dont know if it will be on the 30/12 payment as its been so long since the award and should i get any backdated money on top and plus do i get the 332 on top of my normal payment 
  • pelican2
    i first claimed uc in july too as i have always worked my illness just got a lit worse  
  • poppy123456
    What date did you first claim UC? without knowing this as well as the exact date you sent your first fit note then i can't help you.

There's a 3 full month waiting period from when you sent your first fit note and because UC is paid in arrears the LCWRA is paid on the 4th months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • pelican2
    oh ok cheers thank you i first claimed on the 23rd of july and gave my first sick note on the 27th of july
  • poppy123456
    That means you'll receive your first LCWRA payment of an extra £336 from this months payment but there's no backdated money owed.
  • pelican2
    ok thats no problem thank you for your help
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome.
  • Missyt87
    Missyt87 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi ive just recently started this process myself and had a capability assesment new years eve. Ive since been awarded lcwra and the letter said i pay be entiled to additional money. 
    Do they consider the first date you provided evidence as the first time u handed in a sick note or the date you did an assesment and gave evidence? 
  • poppy123456
    Missyt87 said:
    Hi ive just recently started this process myself and had a capability assesment new years eve. Ive since been awarded lcwra and the letter said i pay be entiled to additional money. 
    Do they consider the first date you provided evidence as the first time u handed in a sick note or the date you did an assesment and gave evidence? 

HI and welcome.

It's the date in which you provided evidence. The 3 month waiting period is 3 full assessment periods and then the LCWRA element is paid on the 4th month of your claim. When it starts will depend on your assessment period and when you sent the evidence.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.