Update on my PIP decision. Dont give up hope — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Update on my PIP decision. Dont give up hope

stratos
stratos Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
Hi my PIP journey has been (for me) quite stressful at times and I thank everyone who replied to my many queries.
Brief Synopsis
Applied June 2019
F2F Sept 10th 2019
Late evening phone call from assessor Sept 16th asking further questions
Received assessor report end of Sept - Original report was accurate, however, she had made footnotes following phone call contradicting entire report.
Spoke to DWP advising report was "now" inaccurate following footnotes
Was advised to send letter explaining why - sent the same day
Report sent back to IAS for rework and they requested a further GP report.
Following GP report to IAS, I rang DWP probably every other day!
At the beginning of Dec on one of my many calls, I was told a decision had been made and they could tell me over the phone if I wanted.....hell yes please!
Que heart in mouth moment whilst he sifted through the screen.
Enhanced Daily living
Enhanced Mobility
4 yr award
This was from the original standard daily living only, for 12 months.
Yes, I am delighted at receiving the correct award and would like to say, please dont give up, This is a difficult system to steer yourself around and can be very stressful which doesnt help any of our health conditions. Wishing you all a very good christmas as far as our knackered bodies allow x

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.