Going to the football/season tickets — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Going to the football/season tickets

Options
andybev
andybev Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited December 2019 in Coffee lounge
I, for my sins go to watch Hibernian  and have had a season ticket since I moved back to edinburgh,about 4 years ago.  I was wondering if anyone has a season ticket do they get a discount and what is their club like to support with a disiabilty.  I cannot climb many stairs and I have not applied for a discount although I should be able to next year although I am not sure if I will be moved from my current seat.  I hope so as we just moved from our last seat due to asshats behind us and were moved to pretty **** seats beside where someone 10 or so seats behind threw a vodka bottle on the pitch against Rangers  sadly things like this are happening to often in football, not just at Hibs games,  not sure how bad it is really since that game is always full of bad feeling between both supporters.
Anyone have anything bad good or indiferent to add?

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hello @andybev    Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions.

We guide, advise and help members of our community.

There will be many community members who are football fans who be able to give a lot of support.

Please may I suggest speak to any of the disabled Sports groups on line many of them to look at.

Something to think about.

Please if I can help with any thing further, please ask any questions happy to answer.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,604 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I know a season ticket holder who is in a wheelchair and they get the best seats to watch their team, right at the front just behind the barrier. In the past there have actually been able bodied people turning up in wheelchairs in order to get the same spots. So it sounds like they treat their disabled fans well.
  • andybev
    andybev Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks both of you.  The spiceman, I never thought about disabled sports fan groups.  I will look into it, thx.
    66Mustang, I am not in a wheelchair yet thankfully butthe location of those seats have got to be the best in the stadiums.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @andybev, most clubs will offer a discount for disabled fans and will have suitable seating. You often pay the concession price and/or can get a carers ticket.

Hope this helps. :) 
    Scope

• Captainwull
    Captainwull Community member Posts: 15 Courageous
    Options
    Hi Andy, I had been a Dundee United season ticket holder since the early 80's. I was born with two club feet and as the years progressed my mobility became poorer. When I gave up working I applied for a disabled members season ticket. You could buy what United called the "Early Bird" season ticket a month or two before the season started which would save you between £50 and £75 on the full price. Because I never knew if I was going to be successful in the ballot for a disabled season ticket I could never buy the "Early Bird" I paid full price for 3 seasons before I was finally allocated a disabled members ticket.
    I was notified of my success 3 games into the season and had already bought a season ticket.
    I phoned up Tannadice and asked if I'd be refunded for already buying a season ticket. They said no. I was a bit **** off at this especially when the person at the other end of the phone said if you don't use the disabled supporters season ticket you will be barred from getting one the following season.
    I felt I'd no option but to use the disabled one and leave my purchased seat vacant. The first time I used it I found that the ones they allocate to disabled supporters are the ones they cant sell to the public. ( Obviously the reason they wait for 3 games) The seat had a **** view in the first row from the pitch at the corner flag and covered in Pigeon ****. If the wind was the wrong way and it was raining you got soaked. I stopped using it and was barred from applying again. I stopped going to see United after that.
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi yes you can get a disabled season ticket if you qualify just type in disabled season tickets for hibs and it will show you my brother has one and he takes my other brother who is his carer 

Brightness