PIP and UC query - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP and UC query

2»

Comments

• Liz2012
    Liz2012 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    I think I understand you now, what I get will that go as well, the part for unable to work. 

• Liz2012
    @Princess59 sounds like you get the same as us, no care allowance just basic. I've not found any other form of help with bills or that even help with the mortgage, I've been so scare in loosing the house, the car will be gone in January, that will be me staying home all the time. hope you find away of some more help Princrss59, 
    Liz
  • Princess59
    Princess59 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Hi liz2012 we are just barley coping with what we get . I have been to jobcentre and they tell me I can't get anything else.  

Princess59

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2019
    Liz2012 said:
    I think I understand you now, what I get will that go as well, the part for unable to work. 

You will still receive the LCWRA element but as i explained and wages over £503 that your husband receives during your assessment period will reduce your UC payments by 63p for every £1 he earns over £503.

I see on another thread that your husband claims PIP, is that correct? If it is then he does need to be careful with the work that he does. Even though it is possible to claim PIP and work, if the work he does contradicts the reasons why he's claiming PIP then this can go against him the next time he's reviewed for PIP.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Liz2012
    @Princess59 just not right, made to suffer trying to work what can be paid what to leave off, I think things just need to be looked at again, help with heating as well.
    hope you find some help 
    Liz 
  • Liz2012
    @poppy123456
    yes my husband gets pip, he can only do a sit down job or driving. 
    Sorry to keep going on, but how long is the assessment period. 
    Thanks Liz 
  • poppy123456
    Liz2012 said:
    @poppy123456
    yes my husband gets pip, he can only do a sit down job or driving. 
    Sorry to keep going on, but how long is the assessment period. 
    Thanks Liz 

You will need to look at your UC journal to know when your assessment period is because everyone's is different and it last for 1 month, every month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Liz2012
    As you receive standard care from PIP, your husband could be entitled to the Carer Element on UC if he's your carer, even if he works full-time. Have you looked into this? 

Community Manager
    Scope
  • Liz2012
    Hi @Adrian_Scope, yes I am getting stranded care on pip, my husband gets the same as myself, We have not looked into the care Element on UC not heard about it before.
    will have to have a look into this. Will have to try and go the cab and see what can be sorted,
    thank you again 
    Liz 
  • poppy123456
    Liz2012 said:
    Hi @Adrian_Scope, yes I am getting stranded care on pip, my husband gets the same as myself, We have not looked into the care Element on UC not heard about it before.
    will have to have a look into this. Will have to try and go the cab and see what can be sorted,
    thank you again 
    Liz 
    Your husband can claim the carers element of UC for looking after you BUT you won't be able to claim this for looking after him because i believe you're claiming the LCWRA element for yourself and you can't claim both elements at the same time.

For your husband to claim the carers element then he needs to report the changes on your journal. This element is £160.20 per month. He doesn't need to claim carers allowance to claim this, he just needs to look after you for at least 35 hours per week.

• Liz2012
    @poppy123456 thank you for that, I will tell my husband to do all this thank you again 
    Liz 
  • Adrian_Scope
    I'm glad we've been able to help @Liz2012. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Liz2012
    Thank you for the advice about the carers Element we went online that night put in for this, we got a message Christmas eve to read are journal we have been rewarded this. thank you again. just now need some luck on winning my appeal with pip 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Glad that's resolved for you @Liz2012. Best of luck with your PIP appeal outcome. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.