New insight on ankylosing spondylitis! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New insight on ankylosing spondylitis!

dubba
dubba Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi, charleds, this amazon author is not at his 1st ed with his cure book. He use to have a YouTube channel as well. The reason of posting here is not to be a sales man for the author but to inform AS mates that there are new studies showing not only AS leads to mental problems, but mental problems lead to AS as well and AS is in fact a mental disease at root. Isn't this the purpose of the forum? To help manage the disease and hopefully cure it? Here are the studies from the book:

-          Donisan, T., Dobrin, M. A., Predeteanu, D., Bojinca, M., Constantinescu, C., Opris, D., Groseanu, L., Borangiu, A., Berghea, F., Balanescu, D., Ionescu, R. and Balanescu, A. (2015), AB1227-HPR Correlations Between Personality Types, Disease Activity and Quality of Life in Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) Patients (PTS), Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, pp. 1345.

-          Inderjeeth, C., Raymond, W., Connor, C., Edelman, J., Cook, N., Briffa, K. and Mcquade, J. (2016), AB0670 Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS-P) Patient Centred Education Program Improves Disease Activity and Quality of Life up to 12 Months, Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, pp. 1134.

-          Jang, H., Park, J., Kim, D., Han, K., Shin, B., Lee, J., Choi, S., Suh, S., Yang, J., Park, S., Cho, W., Hong, J., Jang, H. (correspondence author) and Jang, H. (record owner) (2019), Relationship between dementia and ankylosing spondylitis: A nationwide, population-based, retrospective longitudinal cohort study, PloS one, Vol.14(1), p.e0210335.

-          Keith, L. (2018), Mental Health Condition linked to Autoimmune DiseaseAutoimmune Disease, Depression, Available at  www.managedhealthcareexecutive.com, Accessed on 10/10/2019.

-          Keith, L. (2018), Study Evaluates Link Between Stress and Autoimmune DiseaseAutoimmune Disease, Depression, Available at  www.managedhealthcareexecutive.com, Accessed on 10/10/2019.

-          Martindale, J., Smith, J., Sutton, C. J., Grennan, D., Goodacre, L. and Goodacre, J. A. (2006), Disease and psychological status in ankylosing spondylitis, Rheumatology, Vol.45, Issue10, pp. 1288-1293.

-          Rogers, M. (1996), Vibrational Medicine: New Choice for Healing Ourselves (rev. ed.) by Richard Gerber, Library Journal, Vol.121(10).

-          Shmerling, R. H. (2018), Autoimmune disease and stress, is there a link?, Harvard Health Publishing, Available at www.health.harvard.edu, Accessed on 13/11/2019.

-          Song,, H. (MD, PhD), Fang, F. (MD, PhD), Tomasson, G. (MD, PhD), Amberg, F. (PhD), Mataix-Cols (PhD), D., Fernandez, L. (PhD), Almquist, C. (MD, PhD), Fall, K. (MD, PhD), Valdimarsdottir, U. A. (PhD) (2018), Association of Stress-Related Disorders with Subsequent Autoimmune Disease, Jama.

-          Upham, B. (2018), How Stress Affects Ankylosing Spondylitis – and What You Can Do About It?, Available at www.everydayhealth.com, Accessed on 7/10/2019.

-          Weir, K. (2012), The roots of mental illness – How much of mental illness can the biology of the brain explain? Science Watch, Vol. 43, No. 6, Available at www.apa.org, Accessed on 20/11/2019.

-          Yurdakul, F., Garip, Y., Kocak, R., Almaz, E., Uckun, A. and Bodur, H. (2017), FRI0439 Psychiatric disorders associated with ankylosing spondylitis, Annals of the Rheumatic Disease, Vol. 76, pp. 652.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dubba - Just to let you know, that contrary to your assertion on my wall, I did not erase your initial post; in fact I couldn't do so. When people post links they feel may be helpful, that's great. I hope you might therefore appreciate my cynicism when your link was to an e-book that was published on the 21st December this year which you said had already helped you.
    Must admit I would be wary of anyone having a 'cure' book. Whilst I would tend to agree with you in that Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) may lead to mental problems, as can be the case in many other disorders, I would not agree that mental problems can be the causation of AS.
    It seems that in about 90% of cases that AS may have a genetic component, many studies looking at the about 200 genes in the HLA complex in chromosome 6. The other 10% may be due to 'environmental agencies' & 'mechanical stress.' Studies have looked at gut bacteria in particular.
    Unfortunately I can't access many of the links you've provided, & am no longer near a university's medical library which I used to frequent & photocopy info I thought relevant to our family's genetic disorder. With more medical information widely available online, I have used this for some time instead.
    As 1 in 4 people have mental health issues at some point in their life, it is unsurprising that anyone having a physical disability might also have this concurrently. Indeed, having a long term physical disability might also lead to this, & stress undoubtedly exacerbates symptoms such as pain.
    There have been psychological studies done in my disorder (the hypermobile type of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome), which have identified anxiety & depression linked to chronic pain; perhaps this is a common feature in that such pain may lead to psychological distress.
    It is always wise to 'manage' a disorder; the mainstays in AS being physiotherapy, & some medical treatments.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i help and advise others.

I just wanted to confirm what my dear friend @chiarieds has advised is correct, it's not possible for any member to remove any posts on the forum or on people's walls. The only ones that can do that are the admin team.

Members can infact edit their own comments providing this is done within 1 hour of posting the comment, after this time comments can no longer be edited and after this time the only ones that can edit a comment are Admin.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dubba
    edited December 2019
    I understood and appreciated your humour, my explanation came to make it clear I'm not a pinocchio. The scientific research that founds mental problems leading to auto-immune diseases and AS is pretty recent, from here the excitement of sharing with you. I was kinda feeling what the studies wrote, I observed on myself that different moods lead to different expressions of my AS, and when saw the studies it was an Eureka moment for me, finally the root-cause of the disease arrived like. The book mentions the specific behaviours leading to AS so it's pretty specific.I trust it, test it for year something and works for me. There's a specific combination of harmful behaviours, sometimes from young taken from parents, that activates the AS, book says. 

It doesn't seem right though for admins to keep people away from what could be important information and delete posts with books with cures; just my thought. You could add the admin comment that you don't endorse nothing and it's up of the people to decide to try it or not. It's your forum though. I'm in remission after 10 years, so I was hugely happy to share the information, I made accounts one evening on maybe 10 forums found on google after being back from the doctor. On all of them there's the same scepticism. It's like ppl abandoned the full health thought and prefer to just smooth the situation a bit with drugs. Everybody seems to wait for doctor's new drug. 

I assume resistance is always first stage on adapting to new information and at one point, if the root-cause is the same for all patients as the book says, the studies will become known in the mainstream. I am always sceptical too on everything new as I've been disappointing so many times, but never dismissed options and new angles, I consider and test them all. I did what I could, sharing. I don't want to convince no one of something.

Best of health to you guys! And progress towards truth!

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @dubba.
    I feel I should clarify that this community is not intended to help cure any condition, but to support those connected by disability. Your original post was removed because it was found to be in breach of our community guidelines. As a social model organisation, none of us here are medical experts and are therefore unable to verify the legitimacy or quality of any advice the e-book might have made. It would be irresponsible to essentially advertise something when we cannot confirm the veracity of its content.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • dubba
    I understand. I can stop thinking though how irresponsible would be to stop let's say the real cure from arriving to the ears of the guys on forum. I saw forums letting the advert with the disclaimer that they don't necessarily back it up and it's up to the individual to check. Everyone does it in its way. I apologise for not reading the guidelines carefully. Thanks for explaining.

Brightness