Pip reassment is making me extremely unwell. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip reassment is making me extremely unwell.

Bearheart
Bearheart Community member Posts: 9 Listener
I'm having my pip review and it is making me very unwell! I already suffer from acute anxiety  and only just manage to get through each day. This is killing me! I am feeling so I'll and am having loads of suicide thoughts. The system is destroying me and there isn't anything I can do about it!  I really dont know what to do it's like they want you to just do it and reduce the surplus population.  I am totally hopeless now!!,

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Bearheart

Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

We are all here to help & assist any new members.

I have just gone through my “pip”

Please please contact our helpline tomorrow:

https://www.scope.org.uk/helpline/

If you are having any suicidal thoughts please please contact the below numbers:

1. Samaritans.

http://www.samaritans.org/

2. NHS.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/suicide/

3. Mind.

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/suicidal-feelings/

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can “help/support” you with????

@steve51

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear the stress this is causing you. It's not unusual to feel this way during these review times. I know i always feel exactly the same way. I also have my PIP review in April and my daughters in August and i'm her appointee which means i'm responsible for filling out the form and dealing with her claim. Stressful times ahead, for sure.

May i ask if you've spoken to your GP about your worsening of condition and how you're feeling? If you haven't then i'd advise you to make an appointee to discuss them.

I'm assuming you've already received the review forms because i see from another thread of yours you were asking for advice on how to fill out the form. Have you managed to fill them out and return it yet or are you still in the process of trying to fill them out?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Bearheart - Welcome to this very supportive  community, & thank you for joining. Please know that people here will support you along the way. I too went through the PIP process not too long ago so understand how stressful & worrying it can be. Are you waiting for an assessment?
    Please take care of yourself; you will come through it. If you have any questions, please do say as often someone here will have an answer, or be able to advise.
  • Bearheart
    Bearheart Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    I've filled the forms and spoken to my gp. Just feel so helpless!  Wont be able to do a face to face because I cant leave home due to my MH. already struggling with my anxiety and depression this just makes it all 100 times worse. It's like some sort of weird abuse! It must be against human rights to hound people who are already unwell!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Unless you've sent good relevant evidence to support your claim then a face to face assessment is very likely because most people have them. Paper based assessments are rare.

You say you can't leave your home, would a home assessment be possible? Unless your mention health causes you to be a danger to yourself and others then a home assessment wouldn't be possible, if it doesn't then you could request one of those but a letter will be needed from your GP stating the reasons why.

If the home assessment isn't possible do you have someone that can go with you to the assessment centre? Maybe a friend or family member?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness