Hello everyone I have a question if I may ........ — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello everyone I have a question if I may ........

Options
looney8780
looney8780 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I am trying to work out if I am entitled to free NHS and dental on my ESA. 
The latest letter I have refers to income related and doesn’t mention the other. I’m in the support group and getting a total of £128.45 a week. 
It is so confusing to work out 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

I can confirm that the amount above tells me that you are indeed claiming Income Related ESA and this will entitle you to claim free NHS dental/prescriptions and eye tests.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • looney8780
    Options
    Hi Poppy, 
    Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and clarify. I tried googling so many different things, a lot said that as I was support group I was contributing and just sent my head spinning.
    if that is the case then I shall happily find a dentist as I can’t afford one otherwise 

Thank you again 
  • looney8780
    Options
    Oh sorry,
    Do I need to get anything to evidence this? 
    I’m on regular meds too and currently paying for the pre payment certificate monthly. Can I just cancel this? 
    I’ve been paying out for ages when I didn’t need to. ?‍♀️
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome,

Googling this information really wouldn't tell you any answers unless you know exactly what you're looking for.

For the prescriptions, yes you can cancel the pre payment certificate and you will need to tick box H ( i think) for Income Related ESA on the back of the prescription.

Sometimes the dental surgery may ask you for proof of benefits, if they do then just take your award letter and they will see from that what exactly you're claiming.

Just so you know you're in the Support Group, with at least an Income Related top up because Contributions based is £111.65 per week.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • looney8780
    Options
    Brilliant. Thank you so much that’s really helpful 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @looney8780! I'm glad Poppy was able to help here. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.