documentation — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

documentation

ollieandduke
ollieandduke Community member Posts: 174 Courageous
I have a letter from my doctor stating I cannot walk more than 2 ft before having to sit down and I cannot climb my stairs so I sleep downstairs. And it also asks for an home visit for a reassessment.
my doctor wrote it in April 2019 for me to help with my ESA reassessment.
is this letter to old to use for pip reassessment or will I have to get another one. Im expecting my pip letter any day now ive had the text saying its on the way and to be blunt im blooding petrified. Its been on my mind all over xmas.
Im getting my medical evidence ready but because I cant travel I was wondering how old the letter can be from the doctor before they refuse it.
many thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

All you can do is send it with the form when you return it. If they refuse a home assessment then you'll need another letter stating the reasons why you can't attend the assessment centre. Not being able to climb the stairs and sleeping downstairs doesn't mean you can't attend the assessment centre. If you attend other appointments that could go against you.

When you receive those forms just make sure you put as much information about how your conditions affect you as possible, using extra sheets of paper because there's never enough of room on those forms.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ollieandduke
    hi poppy x i rang my doctors this morning hes wrote a letter stating i need a home visit and he is not hsppy with me having to travel for my pip assessment im gona send the letter along with my evidence and form see how i go from therr xx
  • poppy123456
    You need to make sure it states why you can't attend the assessment centre. Just stating you need the home visit most likely won't be enough.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • ollieandduke
    hes put i cant sit in one position for longer than 5 mins that i need to be able to change positions frequently, and if I have to travel by car bus or taxi I wont be unable to change my position. hes also put in his professional opinion I have been put on pip for the last 4 years and my condition has not improved it has got a lot worse and I have gone from using a walking stick to now being in a wheel chair. its cost £25 but hes wrote it really well i just hope it does the trick.
  • poppy123456
    In all honesty, that may not be enough to get you the home assessment you're asking for. You need to be careful with contradictions because in one sentence he's saying you can't sit in one position for longer than 5 minutes and then he's said you now use a wheelchair. They may ask how do you change position when using your wheelchair.
  • ollieandduke
    when i need to change position in my wheel chair my hubby stands in front of my chair and helps me move if im travelling in a car he cant do that can he. im just going to send it if i dont get an home assessment im just going to grin and bear the pain till i get to were i have to travel too but its worth a shot xx
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2019
    @poppy123456 ....I agree with you - it could be contradictory...

@ollieandduke ... might be worth having a careful think about this.

For example, how do you get to your GP or to hospital? Do you go in your wheelchair? Or does your doctor visit you at home?

( I don't know your condition but these are fairly obvious questions that you might be asked)

Good luck...

• ollieandduke
    he visits at home thats why i rang him for a chat. in the letter he has put they can ring him which they did last time to confirm the medical evidence for my last pip assessment. i know what your all saying but all i can do is send in my medical evidence and hope it helps me 
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @ollieandduke - I agree with you - send it in and see what happens...just be aware of the apparent contradictions (which it appears that you are)

• ollieandduke

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.