Will my LCWRA be reinstated? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will my LCWRA be reinstated?

Options
Pebblesmaria
Pebblesmaria Community member Posts: 6 Connected
edited December 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello everyone.I hope everyone is feeling as well as possible

Comments

• Pebblesmaria
    Options
    Hi . I have a question about LCWRA.
    Following a 2month hospital stay.I came home and went back to my old job but part time rather than full time. ( I  few have  been on UC for 9 months) A few months after starting UC I was  awarded LCWRA ,but still continued to work part time,m ( as it made made me feel usedull) My old job involved  standing for up to 8 hours which I cannot physically do anymore.
    I have now been offered a new job ,which I'm hoping can be part time ,but that is something I'm still negotiating.This new job is a desk job and not so physically demanding as my old job,so I think even if I have to work full time I will feel ok.my main problem is how tired the medication I take makes me.
    My question is if I start working full time will I loose my LWCRA.and if after a couple of months I feel that full time is too much and I have to reduce my hours or leave the job..will my LWCRA be reinstated?

any advice would be appreciated.
    Thank you

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,025 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

Despite the many floors UC has it also has it's good points, which many people would most likely disagree with. The one good thing about UC is that you can continue to receive it, even when you're working BUT that will depend on your income during your assessment period.

As you have a LCWRA award then you will continue to receive that for as long as you're entitled to it, even through working but as i stated how much UC you'll receive will depend on your income. As you do have LCW then you'll also be entitled to work allowance. The work allowance means that you'll be able to earn a certain amount of money before you start to see deductions in the amount of UC you're entitled to.

How much work allowance you're entitled to will depend on your circumstances. If you're claiming the housing element then your work allowance will be £287 per month. If you don't receive the housing element then it will be £503 per month.

Any income you receive after those amounts then your UC will be reduced by 63p for every £1 you earn over that amount.

However, you do need to be careful when working and claiming limited capability for work. If the work you do contradicts the reasons why you're claiming LCWRA then you could be re-assessed early and it could go against you once a decision's made on your claim.

If you're earnings reduce your UC to zero at anytime then your UC will be closed but you'll be able to make a rapid reclaim by logging into your UC account.

Good luck with the job.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pebblesmaria
    Options
    how do I know for how long I am entitled to LWCRA?
    thanks
  • poppy123456
    Options
    how do I know for how long I am entitled to LWCRA?
    thanks

You can ring and ask BUT it's nothing more than a guide. LCWRA is an ongoing award BUT you can be re-assessed anytime from 3 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Martin2019
    Martin2019 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Options
    You can send a message or your UC journal and ask how long it is awarded for . Mine was awarded for 12 months but didn’t get reviewed until 18 months! Also for anyone on LCWRA and NOT working. If your partner does work and you have a child at age 3 you can still
    claim the 30 hours free child care costs. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You can send a message or your UC journal and ask how long it is awarded for . Mine was awarded for 12 months but didn’t get reviewed until 18 months!
    Yes, you can do that but it's just a guide and nothing more. LCWRA is an ongoing award unless you're either found fit for work or placed into the LCW group. For the work capability assessments they can re-assess you anytime from 3 months.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.