*Pet Owners: Fireworks at New Year — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

*Pet Owners: Fireworks at New Year

Bettahm
Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
We always get them round here from midnight onwards for a while, sure a lot of you do.
Just a reminder, here we go again. But hopefully just the one night this time.

Comments

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Bonfire Night went on for 2 weeks...New Year hopefully not that long. My little poode hates the bangs and hides under my bed.
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
     I am lucky I have a dog now who isn't really scared of fireworks but I have had a couple of dogs in the past who have been terrified of them!
  • Bettahm
    I feel pretty sure there will be a good few round here. My dogs arent too bad, but it does bother them. If we're going to have them at New Years think it should be only at organised displays, same goes for November 5.
  • Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    We have a kitten and at the moment she's been ok with the fireworks on bonfire night but I'm not sure how she will be tomorrow! I hope all your fur babies don't struggle ❤️
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    I wonder if anyone knows why some dogs (not sure about cats) are scared of fireworks?

It’s because they have they have evolved to be scared of lightning. When they lived outside the dogs that were scared of lightning and sook cover would survive and the ones not scared would be hit by lightning and died off - so that gene pool that was scared of lightning survived to today.

Just something I heard that might be of interest to pet owners :)
  • Bettahm
    We had a few bangs off in the distance but nothing here in the village. Reckon they must all have been drunk!
    Happy, peaceful New Year, all.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hope everyone's animals were okay! Happy New Year! :)
    Scope

Brightness