Mandatory reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory reconsideration

Options
kazambo
kazambo Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Is it worth putting in a mandatory reconsideration plz or do they not normally take any notice. I'm not sure what to.  
Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Only you can decide whether to request the MR but without going through this process first you'll be unable to take it to Tribunal. Most MR decisions remain the same and only 15% of those decisions change. Most people take it to Tribunal and waiting times for hearings is huge across most of the country and lots of people are waiting as long as 1 year for a hearing date. Appearing in person will be your best chance of a decision in your favour.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kazambo
    Options
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @kazambo, I'm glad Poppy was able to help here. If you need anything else then please let us know. :)
    Scope

• kazambo
    Options
    Hi happy new year. I've decided to do a mandatory reconsideration do I just need to ring for a form? I'm confused. Thankyou
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You need to put the MR in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor tat applies to you. You have 1 month from the date of the decision.

Happy New Year.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kazambo
    Options
    So I just write a letter and send off or do I need to tell them I'm doing it?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You don't need to tell them because the letter will be the MR request. Or you can download and print this form and send that.

• kevin52
    kevin52 Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    Options
    Yeah Defo ! there Are Times they Will Change It ! They Did It With Me A Few Years Back Make your Letter As Worse As Possible If you Can .
  • poppy123456
    Options
    kevin52 said:
     Make your Letter As Worse As Possible If you Can .
    If you mean write the letter based on your worst day then this is not great advice, sorry. You should never base filling our forms or writing letters for a PIP claim based on your worst day.

• cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @poppy123456 - I agree...

Tell the truth, and then you don't have to remember what your story was!!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Happy new year to you too @kazambo. I hope the MR goes okay. Please do let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. :)
    Scope

• kazambo
    Options
  • nannykar
    nannykar Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    Options
    Hi I was Kazambo but am now nannykar.
    After a long and tiring 9 months I have had my mandatory reconsideration changed and have been given the higher rate. I'm thrilled. Thankyou for all your help on here. I would never have done it without you. X 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Delighted to read your great news! :)
  • nannykar
    nannykar Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    Options
    Thankyou. They actually rang me today and told me. Which I thought was unusual 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.