Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

tinka1992xxxx
tinka1992xxxx Community member Posts: 14 Listener
So need some advice to put my mind at rest my partner sister gets pip like me hers is every 3years how ever she told me she got fourm to fill how to make sure nothing has changed and most likely for a medcal so it's only been one year she tells I will have to go for one this year also I started getting it in Aug applied in February last year and had to go through all the stress of mr and finally got my award but mine is 3years so why has she got a letter year later do I have to worry this year please sorry for long post 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

She needs to check her award to see exactly how long it’s for. Reviews currently take place 6 months before the award is due to end, for awards given by DWP. 

For awards given by Tribunal DWP contact you 14 weeks before the award is due to end.

Did she report a change of circumstances? This will prompt more forms to be sent to you and the process starts all over again. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tinka1992xxxx
    tinka1992xxxx Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    No she didn't she had assessment last year and award for 3years mine due to end in 2023
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Although they can re-assess you at anytime for PIP it doesn't often happen that far from when an award is due to end. All i can advise is that you tell her to ring DWP and ask why she's been sent the review forms so soon.

You also said her award is every 3 years but not everyone is awarded for 3 years. Some are only awarded for just 1 or 2 years.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.