Waiting for Home assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting for Home assessment

Bel
Bel Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi I first registered for PIP 26th July 2019 
I recieved a text, saying they've received it. I contacted them several times as the weeks went by. I last phoned them mid Dec, I was told it was felt I needed a home assessment and I was on a waiting list! I asked how long it was likely to be. They said they couldn't tell me. I'm just not such what to do, I haven't heard anyone else in this situation. Can anyone help? Please Bel

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It will be the health assessment providers you will need to contact for this and not DWP, as they are the ones that deal with the assessments. Unfortunately, backlogs are just part of the reason why there's no timescales. Some wait weeks, whilst others wait several months or more.

There's nothing more you can but wait. Hopefully not too much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bel
    Thank you for that
  • 1Newbridge
    1Newbridge Community member Posts: 15 Courageous
    hi 
    I started my transition from DLA to PIP in early July 2019.
    A home assessment appointment was made 19/12/19 quite a wait, the assessor had travelled some distance to my home. I gather from what she said they are particularly busy at the moment.
    I hope this helps a little ☹️
  • Bel
    Thank you that is helpful
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    A very warm welcome to the community @Bel I hope others have been helpful and please do let us know if there is anything else we can do. :)
    Scope

• Bel
    They have I dont know if there's anything else you can help with, I'm just feeling a bit at the end of my tether! But I'm sure things will move forward soon. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope so @Bel! Please do have a look around and join in any of the conversations that take your fancy. :)
    Scope

• Bel
     :) thank you 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.