Wages — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wages

tinka1992xxxx
tinka1992xxxx Community member Posts: 14 Listener
So I paid 4weekly i worked out i get 2 payment in one assessment 4times this year can some advice advice i was paid wages on 20th December isit 14fh I'm next due am worrying 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Your question has already been answered on your other thread here https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/67360/payment#latest

The only difference is that in your other thread you said you were receiving 3 wages during this assessment period because you have 2 jobs.

The advice is still the same because you don't have a work allowance then any income receive during your assessment period will reduce your UC by 63p for every £1 you earn. The more you earn during the assessment period then the less UC you will receive. If your UC is reduced to zero at anytime then your UC will be closed and you'll need to sign into your journal and make a rapid reclaim.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tinka1992xxxx
    Hi yes just seen but is there anything I can do because I think its wrong one month in year yes but 2 or 3 times its telling me :( 
  • poppy123456
    I'm afraid there's nothing at all you can do because with UC it really does depend on your earnings during an assessment period.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @tinka1992xxxx. Have you worked this out by marking them off on a calendar? Even with two jobs it shouldn't happen as often as 4 times in a year if you're paid 4 weekly. 
    If you're able to share your assessment period dates and your most recent wage dates I'd be happy to double check this for you. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • tinka1992xxxx
    My assessment dates are from 19th till 18th so in this assessment period there 3 wages as I have to small part time jobs so 4weekly one 20th December and 2nd Jan for monthly and 17 jan for 4weekly then it happends again in December 
  • poppy123456
    The job where you are paid 4 weekly, this should happen twice a year. Monthly pays shouldn't have anymore than 1 pay during an assessment period.

You said it happened again in December? when did it happen before that?
  • tinka1992xxxx
    It only happens ones last year in February now I'm effect again this month and again in December 
  • poppy123456
    4 weekly pay should only happen twice a year. In another thread of yours say said you've got 2 jobs, since that thread, have you taken on another job meaning you now have 3 jobs?
  • tinka1992xxxx
    Hi poppy no I only have 2 jobs that what i mean i mean bye 3wages in one month is one wages uc take into account 2pay checks and one from my normal one I think it's wrong its like this with the rent we moved November into smaller flat Uc said they paid our housing for November and December pay but they have only paid November payment I'm so stressed at moment havent had my medcation due to new doctors wont give them until I have had my first appointment I feel like crying as I feel my self slipping slowly first appointment is this week with nurse for new patients check up so I wont get my medcation until nother few weeks xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.