Fighting alone — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fighting alone

barry65
barry65 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited December 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have been mentally haunted since 2015 when i lost my pip appeal in court , only years later to find my medical records had been mixed up with someone who is alcahol and methadone dependant , when asked the question in court am a i still alcahol and methadone dependant i answered no........in the court report it stated that i had lied answering this question as they had proof of this in a phsycologists report which he had copied from my medical records which were not mine, its taken me years to fight this alone and finally got an apoligy from my gp surgary but no one else , not sure how to fight this injustice as my health has detereated with the help of this cruel system.

Comments

• barry65
    If anyone has any advice id be very grateful 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm a community champion here on scope. If the decision of the Tribunal was in 2015 then i'm afraid you are outside of the maximum time frame which you can do anything about this now.

You could start a new claim for PIP, if you're not currently claiming it but before starting a new claim i would get some face to face advice from an advice agency near you and they will help you through the process of that new claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • barry65
    I went to see my local MP with the problem and weeks later my pip was put back to the enhanced rate of motobility so ive been on this rate for about 8 weeks now,so dont need to reapply........but its the hell i went through , through no fault of my own.
  • poppy123456
    I'm sorry to hear it caused so much stress but unfortunately you are still out of time to do anything about that claim in 2015. Try to relax a little now that you have an award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @barry65! Thank you for taking the time to share this with us and I am really sorry to hear about all the stress this has caused you. 
    Scope

• poppy123456
    edited December 2019
    I don't appreciate you posting on my wall that i wasn't helpful.

I have deleted the comment you made on my wall. I will make no further comments on your thread but i wish you good luck.
  • barry65
    You missed my point .......i have been treated unlawfully and i was seeking advice , i was not seeking someone to tell me to relax . I reallise now this was the wrong place to come for advice .
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @barry65 and welcome to the community.

If you are looking for advice it helps if you can be clear what the circumstances are and what you are looking for advice on.

You say you have received an apology from your doctor, is this because the wrong information was sent to the tribunal? If so the tribunal made its decision based on the information supplied to it by your GP. Is this what you are considering as being treated unlawfully?

It is unfortunate if a clerical error by your GP surgery resulted in the wrong information being supplied to the Tribunal, but that is not the Tribunal's fault. 

Potentially the surgery was in breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 if this is the case. If you wish to take this further then you would need to make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office. https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/

If the information supplied clearly indicated that the information was for another patient, ie completely different name this should have been reasonably picked up by the tribunal and  questioned. As @poppy123456 pointed out the usual recourse has passed its time limit. If you wish to take this further you should be seeking legal advice. If you google legal advice centre and your county you should be able to find someone who can help you.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @barry65 - I tend to agree with @Geoark

It seems that someone at your GP's surgery has made a mistake, for which they have apologised.

I don't believe that you will get an apology from anyone else - as it wasn't them that made the mistake.

Do you have some idea in your own mind of what redress you are seeking, and from whom?
  • barry65
    Phsyciatrist for one .........plus my standard of life and health suffered aand they only apoligised after years of me asking for one which cost me £30 to see my records.
  • barry65
    5years of being on the wrong benefits .
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    @barry65 as the mistake was due to an error by the practice I would speak to the practice manager or reception about a refund for the £30 to identify their mistake. If you paid for the original documents to the tribunal, or as evidence for your claim, then you could reasonably request this to be returned as they failed to provide the correct information.

Also have a word with the surgery as there should be an online service you can use to access your health record, which is free to use. The practice should give you a list of providers and some information you will need to access them. You will probably need to provide photo id before they give you this information. The surgery will be able to confirm what evidence you need. 

You can contact The Patients Association to find out how you can take this further if you want to. You can find out more at https://www.patients-association.org.uk/helpline

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.