PIP Backdated. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Backdated.

LillyRWilliams
LillyRWilliams Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello everyone, 

I received a letter on the 4th December stating that, due to a change in the law, I would be received some backpay from 2016. On the letter in stated that this money would show up within seven working days, however, it has now been coming up on 4 weeks. 

I am just wondering whether this is something I should be worried about or whether others have experienced wait time’s similar to this? 

Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,335 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

You will need to ring DWP to ask why you haven't received that money. Unfortunately, no one will be able to tell you here, why you haven't received it. They open at 8.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @LillyRWilliams and a warm welcome to the community! Did you manage to get through to DWP? I hope it can be resolved quickly. :)
    Scope

• LillyRWilliams
    Hi @LillyRWilliams and a warm welcome to the community! Did you manage to get through to DWP? I hope it can be resolved quickly. :)
    I am too scared to contact the DWP at the moment. I’ll wait a little longer and see what happens, I was just hoping to find out whether this was a normal wait time. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,335 Disability Gamechanger
    Is there any reason why you're too scared to ring them? It doesn't prompt another review, if that's what you're worried about and it's the only way to know exactly what's going on. Usually once they tell you  you're going to receive money in the bank on a certain date then usually you receive it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Sorry to hear this @LillyRWilliams. As @poppy123456 has said, this won't trigger a review.
    Scope

• LillyRWilliams
    Is there any reason why you're too scared to ring them? It doesn't prompt another review, if that's what you're worried about and it's the only way to know exactly what's going on. Usually once they tell you  you're going to receive money in the bank on a certain date then usually you receive it.
    My disability does stem from my inability to talk to others, plus, the DWP has always made me feel very uncomfortable. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Sorry to hear this @LillyRWilliams, I imagine this makes things stressful. Would you be able to go through the security questions and then pass the phone to someone else to talk on your behalf? Or do you have an appointee? Hope you are doing okay.
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.