Uc50 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Uc50

c2208
c2208 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
Hey I’ve had my uc50 assessment and called to see what happens and the advisor said it’s already with a decision maker and my report looks fine on her end? What do this mean she said to call next week to get my report and a decision will shortly be made

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here at scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

The adviser you spoke to most likely would have no idea what was in the report and most likely doesn't know what recommendations were made.

At the moment it's impossible to speculate what the decision is likely to be. As the report has now been returned then you can request a copy of that to be sent to you and i've no idea why you were advised to ring back next week to request that copy. Ring again tomorrow morning when they open.

Once you receive it you'll need to look towards the back of the report for the LCW and LCWRA recommendations. If you need further advise because you don't understand it then post back here and i'm sure someone will help you further.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • c2208
    Thank you.I thought so I found it abit strange im new to it all. She said next week Somthing will be on my journal so not sure what that means either
  • poppy123456
    As you're claiming UC then the decision letter will be uploaded onto your journal but there's no timescales to decisions. It depends on backlog in your area.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • c2208
    Great thank I will just ring up ask for my report and wait for the decision on journal
  • androgynous
    androgynous Community member Posts: 72 Pioneering
    edited January 2020
    Hi c2208

I agree the advisor won't have any idea of what is in the report.

However, you can't obtain a copy of the assessors report (UC85,) until the decision letter (UC81) has been uploaded to your UC journal. They categorically won't give you the UC85 before you receive your decision letter, as they say they don't have copies until the UC81 has been received.

After you have received the UC81 (in your journal,) you can request a copy of the assessors report - ( UC 85) and if you disagree with the decision you can also request a copy of the decision makers report - (LT54).

If it's a re assessment there won't be a LT54 for the decision if they have allowed LCWRA to continue as a result of the assessment report and no decision has been changed by them, so there would be no decision maker involvement

You can request copies via your UC journal or in writing by letter to the DWP.

You have 30 days to lodge a Mandatory Reconsideration if required.

Hope it all makes sense, just ask if it doesn't.

• c2208
    Do you think the decision have been made then because she said it all looks fine but I can’t say much but a letter will be on your journal next week?
  • c2208
    She also was working out the dates I would be paid 
  • androgynous
    edited January 2020
    It's impossible to speculate and that's more than likely what the advisor was doing. They don't honestly know until the decision letter has been uploaded to the system and it's impossible to say how long that could take. It also depends if your case goes to a decision maker.

If it's a new claim and your first payment? it's quite possible she had the dates for your assessment period and payment date, regardless of which group you will be in.

If it's an ongoing claim, then the dates won't change from your previous assessment period and payment date.
  • poppy123456
    Hi c2208

However, you can't obtain a copy of the assessors report (UC85,) until the decision letter (UC81) has been uploaded to your UC journal. They categorically won't give you the UC85 before you receive your decision letter, as they say they don't have copies until the UC81 has been received.

I disagree with this, sorry. Lots of people on here have receive a copy of the assessment report before a decisions been made.

• androgynous
    edited January 2020
    Hi c2208

I disagree with this, sorry. Lots of people on here have receive a copy of the assessment report before a decisions been made.

I disagree. If lots of people on here have managed to obtain a copy of the assessors report before they have had the decision for the WCA on Universal Credit, then perhaps they would like to confirm this was so? I would be interested to know how they managed it.

I think the problem occurs when you are dealing with two different 'agencies' as such and two different computer systems? The assessors report goes direct to the DWP.

From my 'real life experience' and others, have found it impossible to get copies of the assessors report before the decision has been made for the WCA on Universal Credit. 
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2020
    Most likely the same reason why DWP have told some people that the waiting period for LCWRA element starts after the decision is made, when this is completely incorrect.

A lot of the time with DWP the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

As i advise so many people on here then remembering each individual person is impossible.

Sometimes we have to agree to disagree and this is one of those times.
  • androgynous
    Hi c2208  How are you today?

Hopefully your decision letter will be uploaded to your journal soon. It's a stressful time, waiting. If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Take care

androgynous
  • c2208
    Hey all good thank you I did call them today to see if I could get my report and they said it haven’t been sent to them yet? But yesterday they said it was with a decision maker so not sure what’s happening. Thanks 
  • androgynous
    edited January 2020
    c2208 said:
    Hey all good thank you I did call them today to see if I could get my report and they said it haven’t been sent to them yet? But yesterday they said it was with a decision maker so not sure what’s happening. Thanks 
    That's good. You've done something positive for today. You can't change what is happening so my advice would be to be kind to yourself for the weekend. I know it's easier said than done, but i've spent many weekends ( and weeks) in complete torment, courtesy of the DWP.

It only has an adverse effect on your health, so try and put it aside until next week, if you can.

Have as good a weekend as is possible.

androgynous
  • mumelaine63
    mumelaine63 Community member Posts: 35 Listener
    Hopefully you won’t wait as long as my husband it’s now been 15 weeks and still not received anything from uc, the report was sent on same day as he went to medical assessment and was received same day was told we would hear first on online journal cannot see report until then , it’s a joke
  • c2208
    Have you heard anything yet ? I requested my report it’s being sent out in post 2nd class but don’t have a clue how to work it out 
  • poppy123456
    c2208 said:
    Have you heard anything yet ? I requested my report it’s being sent out in post 2nd class but don’t have a clue how to work it out 

I'm happy to know they're agreed to send the report to you, this is exactly what i thought. When you receive it you need to look at the back of the report to see what the recommendations say for LCW and LCWRA. If you don't understand it then post back here and someone will help you further.
  • c2208
    Hey I had the report it’s everything as discussed so that’s good, it says client has limited capability for work and work relative activities? Also on her report it stated medium term review ? Any thoughts as it’s now with a decision maker.
  • poppy123456
    Glad you received the report, that recommendation is that you'll receive the extra £336 per month from the 4th month of your claim from when you sent your first fit note, providing the decision maker goes with the report but they usually do. It's rare to go against it but it can happen, all you need to do is wait for the decision letter to be uploaded onto your journal.

Timescales don't mean anything for the work capability assessment because they can re-assess you anytime from 3 months.
  • c2208
    Amazing thank you I will update you on decision if I got it or not shouldn’t be to long now. Thanks for all the help 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.