Pip reviews for pensioners — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip reviews for pensioners

PennyF6
PennyF6 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Dose anyone know please if pensioners are not having repeat reviews yet and is it true that reviews are paper based and 6 months before award ends instead of a year.. Thanks in advance.. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,341 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Those that have reached state pension age and above will receive a 10 year award with a light touch review. DWP will be in contact with you if you are this age. See link. https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/news/2019/may/light-touch-pip-reviews-be-rolled-out-disabled-people-pension-age

All others that are due a review will be contacted 6 months before their award is due to end, providing they were awarded by DWP and not a Tribunal. If it was a Tribunal award then you'll be contacted 14 weeks before the award is due to end.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • PennyF6
    Thank you for the reply I'm a little confused about all this. Award to end Jan 2021,was told by letter early last year I will be contacted after January, 2020, had to contact dwp last September and whilst on the phone I asked about reviewing she said I will be contacted 6 months before award ends due to new lesigatiion.. I will be 71 so will I be having a f2f again or because of my age will they just extend it to 10 yrs? Really appreciate your advice thanks 
  • poppy123456
    You should receive a letter closer to the time of your renewal contact date with the new award dates.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • PennyF6
    Really! as simple as that? I'm amazed I've been panicking trying to get hold of more evidence because I've seen consultants ect for years and have put me back with my gp because there is nothing more they can do for me as Fibromyalgia is incurable I do have other illness as well, and all the evidence I do have is more than 3 years old. It will be wonderful if this is correct because it's so stressful going through all this keep having to repeat the process and to be honest I don't believe anything dwp says I've heard such awful stories, thanks so much for your reply.. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @PennyF6 and a very warm welcome to the community! Just to let you know that I have merged your duplicate threads. I'm glad @poppy123456 has been able to help here. :)

Please do let us know if we can do anything else to help.
    Scope

• PennyF6
    Hi Chole
    Thank you so much. 
  • PennyF6
    Hi again Chole, I'm still trying to get my head around the good reply regarding pip reviews for pensioners. After reading such horrendous stories of how people with disabilities are being treated, I find it hard to believe it will be that easy for me, would you advise to try and collect more evidence about my illness just in case it dose involve another f2f. Do you know of any pensioners that have just had review dates changed please. Thanks so much to you and Poppy.. 
  • poppy123456
    All those of state pension age and above will have a 10 year award, please have another read of the link i posted above. There's been some members on here that have received a letter from DWP with the award changes.
  • PennyF6
    Thanks so much Poppy
    ☺ 
  • PennyF6
    Hi Poppy had another read of enclosed link it says it's for new pip claiments from May with plans for existing claiments in the future.. But if you say you have had existing claiments receive letters on here then it must already be in place. But the dwp did say I would get reveiw 6 months before end date of award and not one year. I will be 71..
  • poppy123456
    It applies to all those of state pension age as i advised DWP will be in contact with you most likely when you review is due.
  • PennyF6
    Thanks again Poppy was just worrying as I'm having problems getting extra evidence.. Thanks again for your help ☺ 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad @poppy123456 could help here @PennyF6, wishing you all the best!
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.