Helth professional — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Helth professional

Options
Lee123
Lee123 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
Hello just a question my son who is 16 I had to apply for pip for him,I called atos today as they are taking a long time and they said it was with a Heath professional do all pip assessment go to a health professional before they send out a  I thouletter asght dwp send it to them and they send you out a letter with appointment right away thank you

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,243 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Yes, DWP send everything to the health assessment providers and then once an appointment becomes available they will send you a letter. Waiting times vary wildly depending on backlog in your area.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lee123
    Options
    Thank you do the health professional look at it before they send you a letter
  • Lee123
    Options
    Because when I called they said it's with the health professionals
  • Lee123
    Options
    Just wondered if they may be doing a paper based
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes a HCP looks at it but most people have a face to face assessment so i'd advise you to expect one of those. Paper based assessments are rare. There's no timescales for waiting times. Some are waiting just a few weeks and other can be waiting several months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Lee123
    Options
    Thank you all.i finally picked up the courage to call atos this morning and was told they are looking into a paper based assessment has anyone had the same discussion with them and it was actually a face to face as it's for my son who is only 16 I'm really hoping that what the atos lady has said works in my favor she said they are still looking at it I'm just hoping it's a pba it's been 9 weeks now
  • Lee123
    Options
    Also I don't have a lot of evedince only a couple of pages from CHAMS on there chart sheet saying that he scored 90persent of social phobia 70 present of depression and so on will that be enough 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That evidence doesn't really tell them much about how his conditions affect him against the PIP descriptors unless you added real life examples and a lot of information on the form. Very difficult to speculate anything at this point. All you can do is wait, if a face to face assessment is needed, they'll send an appointment in the post. If a paper based assessment is done, the report will be returned to DWP and if you added a mobile number to the form, you'll receive a text message once it back with them.
  • Lee123
    Options
    Thanks poppy just so nervous forvhim

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.