Hi, my name is Oblate! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Oblate!

Oblate
Oblate Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi folks. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year.  I live in the SouthWest. Hope all is well. Just saying hi!

Comments

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @Oblate
                        Welcome to the community and thank you for joining us. Please feel free to have a look around the community and join in with any discussions which may be of interest to you. Also, please do ask any questions you may have as there will be someone on the community who will be able to help. There are many lovely people on the community and we are all here to support one another. Please would you like to share a little about yourself? Hope you had a good Christmas and New Year. Thank you. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Oblate - & welcome to this supportive & friendly community from me too! Thank you for your good wishes; I hope this is a Happy New Year for you as well. :)
  • Oblate
    Oblate Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi folks, Happy New Year one and all. 
    I am oblate I have various health related conditions.  MPTSD, Depression,  Osteoarthritis Chronic Asthma an Atopic Eczema. I was a Regisard Clinical Nurse Teacher and RN.Psychiatry, 
    I have had various posts in training and lecturing. I have been self employed an employed. Now I am lost! I had many an varied hobbies which I enjoyed. I have mobility issues though I can walk I use walking aids. Employment would be difficult as I do have a lot ofweeks off sick. I feel there is no future I see posts advertised which I could do like compliance audits. 
    I do want something different. What can a person like me do? 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Oblate - It's good to hear from you again. I'm hoping you may be able to get some help from others here in Scope. To the right you'll see a link 'Support to Work' which you may find of interest. There's also some general information in the Online advice section, parts of which may be relevant to yourself. See: https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/work-careers/
    So many people with disabilities are valued by many employers that I hope the above information will help; if not please do say as other members may know of other resources. Just seems like a good idea to start here on Scope as they help lots of people. :)
    Please know here in this community we will continue to support you too. Have you stopped work at the moment?

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Great to have you here @Oblate.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness