A bit more about shameii — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A bit more about shameii

cracker
cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
I posted this before, not sure it went through.

Has anyone else had family that would not be seen in public with them because they were so ashamed of you?

Comments

• juliaparry24
    juliaparry24 Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    Yes I have myself, I don't have any support from my family because my mum is ashamed of me, every time I enter a room that she is in she always rushes out the nearest exit,

I went to this social event in st helens for Christmas and I didn't even know she was going to the exact same event, but when I turned up she was quick enough to get ready and leave out of the door, this has happened many times over the past few years I've kinda got used to it 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes I have myself, I don't have any support from my family because my mum is ashamed of me, every time I enter a room that she is in she always rushes out the nearest exit,

I went to this social event in st helens for Christmas and I didn't even know she was going to the exact same event, but when I turned up she was quick enough to get ready and leave out of the door, this has happened many times over the past few years I've kinda got used to it 

What`s wrong with the woman? How can a mother behave like this? Have you asked her why she does this?
  • pollyanna1052
    cracker said:
    I posted this before, not sure it went through.

Has anyone else had family that would not be seen in public with them because they were so ashamed of you?

Have you challenged your family on their despicable behaviour>?
  • pollyanna1052
    No and if my family were ashamed of me then I would be telling them where to get off!
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    I,m so sorry to hear this Cracker .....is it your illness she is ashamed off . I am so lucky that my wife and family are so understanding about my health problems . 
    Have you ever asked your mother why she is ashamed of you, her child ?? 
  • cracker
    cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    I am sorry to hear others were treated this way too.

How hurtful. 
  • juliaparry24
    @pollyanna1052 my mum is not exactly a nice person tbh, believe me it's not the worst thing she has done, she's done worse things than that, but I've moved on from her and I have a better life now, I wish things could have turned out better between me and my mum but I'm sorry to say that I am just better off without her tbh
  • juliaparry24
    @cracker try your best to hold your head up high, they shouldn't be ashamed of you, just ignore them, they should be proud of you for whatever you have achieved in your life, show them that they are wrong to underestimate you and hopefully they will never do it again 
  • pollyanna1052
    @pollyanna1052 my mum is not exactly a nice person tbh, believe me it's not the worst thing she has done, she's done worse things than that, but I've moved on from her and I have a better life now, I wish things could have turned out better between me and my mum but I'm sorry to say that I am just better off without her tbh

I`m sorry this has happened to you. Take care xx
  • juliaparry24

Brightness