physiological distress anyone any good news to share on pip new ruling — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

physiological distress anyone any good news to share on pip new ruling

babyjacksnan
babyjacksnan Community member Posts: 3 Listener
hi just wandered if anyone had any good news to share on the new pip ruling for mental health and physiological stress my husband as yet to hear from them .he did start appeal process 17 mth of waiting i decided to mention it at the last appointment with his mental health doctor .he wrote a letter explaining that my husband is poorly and explained what is illness is ect. they stopped the appeal and put him on high care and high mobility when he was only receiving low care  he was appealing because they even stopped is low rate care and scored him zero points .going through some old paper work to shred i came across the old decision makers letter when he was awarded the low rate care it states i do appreciate you suffer physiological stress when out on your own  and medical evidence proves that  but due to pip ruling im not allowed to award you any mobility points. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,921 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

It will depend on the date of the decision of that award. They are currently looking at all claims that had a decision after 28th November 2016. See link. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-independence-payment-changes/overwhelming-psychological-distress-and-journeys-changes-to-pip-law-from-28-november-2016

I know that some people have been contacted, myself included but it doesn't apply to me. I've heard of 2 people that have been backdated some money because of those changes.

As you can imagine backlogs cause delays and as there's thousands of claims to look through it's going to take quite sometime to complete. Once they have looked at the decision again they will contact him but there's no need to contact them in the meantime. Hope this helps.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.