Hi, my name is Rachel2515! I need some advice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Rachel2515! I need some advice

Rachel2515
Rachel2515 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Every two weeks i used to receive I receive ESA £146.20 then I had a review and now I receive  £256.90 and it shows ESA on my bank statement, so is it still ESA or classed as something different idk, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,343 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

Your new payments tell me that you have been placed into the Support Group, which pays extra money, it's still ESA and that's why tells you ESA on your bank statements.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rachel2515
    Thank you kindly for your help 
  • Rachel2515
    I am soon to be made homeless because my landlord is about to sell his property, I have been given 6 weeks notice as he has given me a live in landlord contract and I terrified of becoming homeless through no fault of my own. I have serious mental health issues, which is why I'm assuming I've been put in the ESA support group, can I get a support worker to help assist me in trying to get a council property? If so who do I call ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated
  • poppy123456
    I'm sorry to hear this. It could potentially be very difficult to get a social housing property because waiting lists are huge in most areas and when i say huge i mean 3-5 years in a lot of areas. Having a support worker will not increase your chances of successfully being housed this way.

I would advise you to speak to your local council to see what they suggest. However, they could tell you that you will need to contact them once your tenancy agreement has ended. This is because at the moment you're not homeless. Harsh i know but this is very often the way it works.

You could also ring shelter and speak to them and they will advise you on your options. https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice

May i ask if you have dependent children living with you or a partner? or is it just yourself?

You could also have a search of the internet to see what privately rented properties are available for your area. Do be aware though that if you need help with your rent then it may not be easy to find a landlord that accepts those claiming benefits. Those that do, may ask for a guarantor. Your local council may have a list of landlords in your area that accept those claiming benefits.

Please also be aware that if you move to a different local council and are currently claiming housing benefit then a new claiming for housing benefit may not be possible and you'll need to claim Universal Credit for help with your rent.

Hope this helps. Good luck and i hope you successfully find somewhere else.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Rachel2515
    Thank you for your advice 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.