Backdated payment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Backdated payment

Options
bishop1967
bishop1967 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
Hello do you have to wait  till you’re next universal credit payment date to receive the backdated LCWRA payment? or is that paid earlier 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,006 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

It's usually paid separately to your usual monthly payment. Have they told you that you're owed backdated money? as this will depend on when you sent you first fit note, your assessment period dates and when the decision was made on the work capability assessment.

In most cases there's a 3 full month waiting period and the LCWRA element is then paid on the 4th month of your claim because UC is paid in arrears.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bishop1967
    Options
    I sent my first fit note December 2018 took a year to get an assessment 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Then you will receive some back dated money, how much you will receive will depend when exactly you sent the fit note and when your assessment period runs from.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • bishop1967
    Options
    Yes fit note was sent December 13th 2018 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You still haven't said when your assessment period runs from, without that information it's impossible to tell you how many month money you're owed.
  • bishop1967
    Options
    I’ve ask them about assessment period  and still haven’t had a reply yet 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I think you're misunderstanding what an assessment period is. When yours will be will depend on what date you originally claimed UC (not when you sent your fit not) Assessment periods determine your paydays because you will be paid 7 days after your assessment period ends.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @bishop1967. Have you managed to find out when your assessment period is? 

If not, you can go to the homepage on your online account, press 'payments' and near the top above your statements you should have some text like in the image below. 

So for this person, their assessment period is 1st - 31st. I hope that helps. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • bishop1967
    Options
    Yes thank you all sorted now and payment receive. Thank you for  your help 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great to hear @bishop1967!
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.