Pip reassessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip reassessment

handerz
handerz Community member Posts: 2 Listener
l already have mobility on pip (had to go to tribunal 3 years ago ) but l told them my health had deteriorated in July l had a home assessment in September and they said they had everything back by 9th October but still no decision made 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

There's no timescales for decisions. Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. If the assessment report was sent to audit then it can significantly delay the decision making process.

Ring DWP when they open after Christmas (Monday 30th) to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • handerz
    handerz Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    It has been 4 months since my assessment and 3 months since they had all the information back and despite phone calls still nothing
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. Although this does seem to be rather a long time, have you asked them what exactly is the delay? Other than do that and request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you so you can see what the decision is likely to be there's nothing else you can do but wait.

As you reported the change if the decision is in your favour and you receive a higher award you will receive the difference backdated to the date you reported the change, providing you had the condition for at least 3 months when the changes were reported.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @handerz and a warm welcome to the community! I appreciate your frustration and I really hope you don't have to wait much longer. Please do let us know. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.