Pip and what to donnext — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip and what to donnext

claracloggs
claracloggs Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi first time posting today. 
Had my ftf with what I thought was a nice lady how wrong could I have been I requested a copy of the report which I received today and from looking at it I’d say I will have been given 0 points on everything the things she has written are the total opposite to what I said and the boxes that are ticked are saying I can do everything without pain I don’t know what my next step is really it’s been such a long process already started claim in September don’t know weather it is worth doing any more. They have made me feel like a total fraud 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2019
    Hello @claracloggs   Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear this, you not alone and we as community are here to support you.

I am one of the team of community champions. we guide, advise and help members of our community.

Please if I can suggest you need to appeal any decision.

Please speak to CAB or any one who is a support worker or a health worker should be helping you.

If you do not have any one , please consider CAB . Have expertise and knowledge.

Please can I advise you one of our team. Has expertise and knowledge on any thing such as  this. Please if I tag my friend. @poppy123456 .

The lady can advise you further.

Please ask any questions, please can I give you some reassurance .

Please try not to worry.

Wish you the best for a positive outcome.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you my friend @thespiceman for the tag.

Hi and welcome @claracloggs

You will need to wait for the decision to be made but they usually go with the report, it's rare to go against it. Once that decisions made if you disagree then you'll have 1 month from that date to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR).

You should put that in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Avoid mentioning any lies or contradictions that may have been told in the report because DWP or the Tribunal won't be interested in any of those.

Any complaints about the report should be sent to the health assessment providers.

Any relevant evidence you have should be sent with the MR letter to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this.

Do be aware that most MR decision remain the same so you'll very likely have to take it to Tribunal. Waiting times for hearings are huge across most of the country and some are waiting as long as 1 year for a hearing date. Add that onto the waiting time for the actual decision and the MR decision as well and it will very likely exceed a whole year.

My advice would be to contact an advice agency near you for face to face advice, help and support.
    This link will tell you what's local to you for advice. https://advicelocal.uk/

May i also say that having some knowledge of the PIP descriptors and what they mean will also help. Have a read of this link.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @claracloggs and a very warm welcome! I hope the information from @thespiceman and @poppy123456 has been helpful.

How are you doing today? :)
    Scope

• claracloggs
    claracloggs Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi just totally not sure which way to go still not had a letter saying either way although I know it will be no from the report had a letter today to say they have revived all my info how do I do a mr do I write to them if so what do I write “ the copy of the access ent it’s a total load of lies “ sorry if I seem rude just such a long drawn out process I can see why people give up especially after reading mr are normally given the same out come so that means a tribunal  really don’t think I could face that xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2020
    There's no timescales for decisions. Backlogs will have increased now because of the Christmas and New year closing days. You will need to wait for a decision to be made before requesting the MR. Please have a another read of my above comment because the advice will tell you what you need to do once a decision's been made.

Most MR decisions do remain the same but without going through that first you can't request the Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @claracloggs, I appreciate that it can be a really stressful time and waiting seems like it goes on forever. Please do keep us updated and I hope it isn't much longer.
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.